1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTM @ Istanbul - Sunday 26th August 2012

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Von Butters, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Car: DTM (Download) (TEMP-NGR)
    Track: Istanbul 06
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (18 Laps)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Penalties & Incident Reporting: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Make sure to have read the general notes for the Race07 Racing Club!

To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Mike Bishop(Maybe)
    2. Christopher Hall-Nelson
    3. Tim Popplewell
    4. Vadim Grishanov
    5. Frans van der Linden
    6. Wayne Hammond
    7. Joao Borges
    8. Rodolphe Morin
    9. Leonardo Tuma
    10. Ronny van Rooij
    11. Daniel Kazar
    12. Mate Turcsanyi
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
  2. Sign me up please
  3. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Can someone try the DOWNLOAD link for me and try out the mod for me, just wanting to make sure its working ok!
    Thank you
  4. Chris your download and Mod all works ok. But I will say you have raced nothing untill these, the sound ,handling, grip and speed is awsome. It makes the V8's in GSC look old.:D
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sign me up. This could be tasty

EDIT: thought it was this Sunday. Never mind, something to look forward too :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Please sign me up. :)
  7. Sorry Chris count me out please.
  8. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Thats a shame Mike, i hope things are alright there with you!
  9. Sorry Chris, but i will withdraw from this race.
  10. Sign me up please :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Put me back, I have changed my other League commitments to Saturday night.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen
    Premium Member

Sign me up for this please.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I donot beleive this. DTM,s is one of the best mods out there but no one wants to sign up. Why is every body scared of powerfull rear wheel drive. The same for GSC V8, GT cars and WTCC Extreme. If you can drive a single seater then you can drive any of these.:D
    And remember its club racing so you are expected to be learning:)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Give it time Mike, im sure things will turn around once people realise that it is going to be a regular thing!
  15. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen
    Premium Member

I'm actually on the fence about withdrawing from this event because I find the cars a little dull. I was expecting something wilder and harder to control than the GT Pro and WTCCX series, but these has so much grip it feels like it's driving on rails ><
  16. I agree with you Chris but i donot understand the reason. I also think its an RD thing.With out giving names, other leagues/Clubs out there have full servers using these type of cars. What is wrong, how can we fix this. Racing with 10 or less entries is not fun.:confused:
  17. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen
    Premium Member

I'm gonna give it a couple more tries, but before I do could you explain how these cars are more fun to drive than say WTCCX for instance? It's a honest question because I had such high expectations downloading this mod due to some of the earlier comments, and was very disappointed when I tried it. :/
  18. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Kjell, i think you'd enjoy it more if you took all preconcecptions you have about the mod, and threw them out of the window.

Start afresh with the mod, and push. Set up an AI race with the AI at 107% and do their times, that, IMHO, is where this mod becomes fun and challenging. PUSH like you are giving birth, because when you need to get to 107%, which isnt as hard as what it is going after Alien times, you'll see a different side to the mod.

Just my thoughts!
  19. Nico Major

Nico Major
    Premium Member

Let me answer with Mario Andretti's words: "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." ;)

I tried the mod too and indeed the car feels pretty stable. Maybe this is the nature of these cars - a lot of aerodynamics and fat tires. If you like to race rear happy cars probably the Muscle Cars or Retros are better suited.

For my part - I like all (most ;)) kinds of cars, 'cause all have their own challanges. Until now I always found the above-noted cite to be true.

I would like to sign up for this event too, but I'm out of the house on Sunday and can't say when I return for sure. Chances are 50/50 that I can make it. Please, don't put me on the list, but if I'm at home in time I will join you.

BTW - what are your lap times? I gave the 2010 Audi a try and ended with 1:44:4xx with nearly race fuel (30L). My setup is still a bit understeery but if I go from rear wing 4 to 3 it already gets "wild". Maybe something to try for Kjell to spice things up a bit ;).
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.