• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU DTM @ Hockenheimring - Sun 15Oct17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 6, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 15-10-17
  1. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,211
    @Calvyn White Here's your race result for the club race. Any club race.
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 5
  2. Jonas Hillert

Jonas Hillert
    facebook.com/impactracingteam Premium

Ratings:
    +282
    Back to the topic, my race was actually quite, I could lead most of the race due to some mistakes of the guys on front of and to these weird stop & go penalties ofc. But then 10 mins before the end of the race I ran a bit wide at the end of the 2nd sector and got a stop & go penalty, so I tried to serve the penalty but I forgot to confirm the penalty in the pit menu so I did a drive through and a stop & go.

So I actually ended up P4 but my car stopped on the s/f line like my game freezed so I wasn't over the line yet but my game was still running and some of you guys could overtook me like @Lorenzo Bonder 10th place after all

3. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,765
    Two things.

First, cutting penalties will be in the form of drive-throughs from now on. I'm sick of seeing people cut the track and then abuse the slow-down penalty by simply waiting for the next corner before slowing. Sorry to those that get a penalty for crashing out or whatever, but as usual we need to cater for the minority that abuse the systems in place.

Second, create a poll in the paddock if you like, but results will not be posted regardless of the outcome. It's already been discussed, debated and decided. It's not about what a few vocal individuals want, it's about the atmosphere RD is trying to create. If results matter to you then go join a league, but they are not what the clubs are about nor will they ever be.

4. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    The real Canadian Prime Minister Premium

Ratings:
    +1,610
    [​IMG]Heh. :sneaky: I win.​

• Haha Haha x 6
  5. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +820
    I'm sure the word French should be in there somewhere.:roflmao: I hope it's not French Canadian.:roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 3
  6. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau

Ratings:
    +1,610
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau

Ratings:
    +1,610
    I can go all day Calvyn. :D

Also, seems like you all had fun. Maybe I'll catch you guys the next time the GT3s are running.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +820
    But I don't speak French I can do French but I can't speak it.:roflmao:
    Rfactor 2 have just brought out a new GT3 pack, awesome.:thumbsup:
    About 2 hours ago.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau

Ratings:
    +1,610
    Saw that, some of the Pyjama Racers are already trying it out. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    Wah wah. Premium

Ratings:
    +1,825
    Good luck then Ross, I'm done with the club until the slow-down comes back. My absence from the R3E won't be missed for sure.

I rather drive in bug-less slow down penalties where the leniency for possible off tracks for dodging tracks or line errors is bigger than the bugged as hell drive through/stop and go penalties that the game has.

The thing has been reported to be problematic as hell and had a negative reception here and thus it will be continued as this is the best solution? Aye, if this isn't messed up for me I don't know what is.

That's my opinion. I'm not talking about it anymore.

Good luck with the club.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 5
  11. Stephen Gibb

Stephen Gibb
    Lost in the Misty Mountains Premium

Ratings:
    +433
    What ever happened to democracy

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,211
    Well, next race at Red Bull Ring will surely be fun. Not to mention all the cut penalties you get when you slide off the track somewhere and spend 30 seconds getting back to track, only to get an additional slow down since the game decided you've "cut the track".

BTW how exactly is it determined that someone is deliberately abusing slow downs? 'Cause I definitely can't tell just by looking at someone's car, and I guess it'd be a nice thing to be able to recognize.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug
    Premium

Ratings:
    +725
    A vocal minority doesn't mean that the view point is a minority just those willing to speak their mind about a topic (which tend to be a minority) are a few people out of the many. There can be many reasons why the many don't speak up, shyness, embarrassment, don't care, care and would appreciate the change but not enough to speak about it or actually don't agree with the vocal minority. I for one would love to see a poll, it's so easy to fall into your own echo chamber i wouldn't want to think i'm selfish enough to make 100 guys do what i think is best when they don't agree.

In regards to the results i don't have a problem with not posting them in RD if that's what you guys have been told to do as long as i can still have access to them. There's more to them than just i am in position x. If those who finished above me don't have faster lap times its a safe bet that it was my decision making and execution that i need to improve on, if however they were consistently faster then no amount of decision making will help but my lap times must improve.

• Agree Agree x 13