• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU DTM @ Hockenheimring - Sun 15Oct17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 6, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 15-10-17
  1. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +321
    I really enjoyed it, the setup I used was never going get me in the top half of the field, but it was very stable and suited my current talent...its amazing what you can learn from the really quick guys, whilst you are out there with them...all you chaps that want to race, but just think that you are just to slow, should enter a "club" race for sure..you will learn plenty and get quicker and quicker ...:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    Okay my fault for the stop and go penalties:redface:
    Hope it didn't spoil things too much.
    Congratulations to the podium and all who managed the whole race. We seem to be having some more disconnections lately, hopefully S3 will look into it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +321
    No worries Kenny with the penalties eh, although very strict :confused:.. it was the same for all drivers.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +182
    All was going swimmingly, right up to the point where I met someone (will mention no names) parked on apex of the fast right after the hairpin, had to bail left, through gravel and into barrier, by the time I'd got back to the track the leaders were on their way, so parked up and let the whole field past, spent the rest of race bumbling around like an idiot. Managed to find a suicidal setup from somewhere, kept getting a random snapping over-steer mid corner, impossible to save, quite bizarre as have had this race setup for ages and it's never done it before! :O_o: Oh well, forwards to Macau!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,765
    Just a heads up guys as I see an old debate has been reignited for some reason.

RaceDepartment policy is that no results for club races are to be posted or linked to anywhere on the forums. The clubs are about relaxed racing for all ability levels, so positions do not matter. Everyone who finishes the race gets to see their position along with everyone else's, so there really isn't any need to be posting them here anyway.

I know some of you don't like it or agree with it, but it is what it is so please don't post results, ask for them to be posted, or link to places they are posted. Thank you.

• Sad Sad x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Jonas Hillert

Jonas Hillert
    facebook.com/impactracingteam Premium

Ratings:
    +282
    I also thought Club Events would be there to improve and results always help to improve. If that's not allowed, what will be the next thing that's not longer allowed?? Will be just a question of time for the next stupid RD rule. I guess soon it's only allowed to touch the ground with 3 tyres :roflmao::roflmao::poop::laugh:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,765
    Very constructive, thank you. Funny how it hasn't been a problem for the last 2-3 months since we were asked to stop posting results though, isn't it? Anyway, I already gave you the reason. If you'd like to complain then I suggest you use The Paddock Club because it's an RD-wide policy, not something specific to the R3E club. Thanks.

• Sad Sad x 2
  8. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    Wah wah. Premium

Ratings:
    +1,825
    My notes about the race:

To those who battled with me for a few laps, if I was overagressive to you guys, my apologies, I was trying to be as fierce but fair as possible and where I judged I was too rough, I gave position back and relied on pace alone to make the position again.

Unfortunately the Stop & Go penalty was turned on (PLEASE TURN IT OFF FOR THE NEXT RACE KENNY lols :p) and my and at least 50% of the grid races were screwed up by the buggy off track choice, but it provided some fun at least, I'll take 6th place (or 5th, that's why I want to see the result for this race specifically as well @Ross Garland, something happened post race that some drivers earned a position and the race results file on this one might clear the doubt once and for all, but I won't argue and won't even suggest in the Paddock because I know suggesting it is just a waste of effort and time) after a wonky 3rd place on qualy.

9. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    I've already apologised for that an unfortunate slip of the mouse wheel:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +700
    I liked it... I suppose I was one of the few who weren't penalised in this race...:cool:
    In the end, as usual, it was my lack of skill that penalised me bad:geek::p:p:p

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +325
    Congratulations to podium and all who did finished the race.
    Kenny I just did check my replay seems that I was to stressed
    having Mr:alien: C up my ass going in to the pit . I probably slipped
    limiter button :x3:. Arrrggg.
    I really miss those result cheets that we had before, it giv you some conclusion
    if practise is paying off. And also interesting to see who you race´d with and the grid size
    etc.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +818
    Absolute rubbish. Never heard of relaxed racing, racing by nature is competitive hence the word racing, you race to win. There are many different type of club sports do they race relaxed, no they do not. How do you expect to improve if you don't push the limits to win. You're certainly not going to do it relaxed. Having the results is part of any sport. Football you get the goals, rugby you get your tries, tennis you get your sets, motor sport you get your podiums. So why don't we get our results? This is dumb-ass rule that is nothing short of pathetic and pointless as it is a part of racing to have results documented. It might as well just say we will have no competitiveness in the club races as there is no results and the race doesn't matter anyway, so we would like you all to drive like a 87 year old women going shopping in the High Street.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  13. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +489
    In an effort to avoid further derailing the original topic of the post, as per Ross' suggestion, perhaps an admin could create a thread in the Paddock Club and make a poll to see what people think about the issue? The most vocal opinions here are surely leaning toward a change in policy, which might intimidate those who are against it; a poll would give everyone a voice.

And honestly, in the event a poll is positive on a rule change, if management continues to refuse to change their minds on the subject, well that would just be obtuse.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +643
    uhhh no, i race to have some good time with good folks and do some laps around :3 cant even be bothered by something like winning (well with robots we playing with its impossible anyway :rolleyes:). Having a good fight is the best no matter the place or result. I race casually, u sound silly to me, way to serious for rd club

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  15. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +818
    So you have to put somebody else's comment down because you can't be bothered. Which makes it obvious that you're against having results. Well done mate I see that you take your fun seriously. I might be serious and at least I can be bothered.

16. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +489
    Chill out guys

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +818
    Couldn't agree more in fact I'm out altogether I've had enough. You try to help people you don't get no support you try to help people and people I just too eager in put it down. And some people are just too ignorant to know it. I have wasted my time for the last time I have done my best to support people on many different matters only to get the same result.

18. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +643
    im not against it but if rule says to not post it then im with rd folks
    isnt there a way to get em on your own?

19. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    Wah wah. Premium

Ratings:
    +1,825
    I know, I just had to pick on you again buddy :)

• Haha Haha x 2
  20. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +818
    The point is when you're racing in the club you should have the results of that race within that club, in the club.
    Other than that I have nothing more to say on this matter or any other from here on out. As purpose is not supported by others but is ignored and treated with contempt.
    You have a good day all.