DTM EX 2014 doubts

So i read this at one of virtualr's posts:

"DTM Experience 2014 will include all cars, drivers & tracks of the 2014 DTM season that recently ended in Hockenheim, the pack will be free for all owners of the DTM Experience 2013 Season Pass."
http://www.virtualr.net/dtm-experience-2014-new-previews
I do own dtm experience 2013 but the game tells me that i have to pay for the extra cars. So i get a discount of 83% or whatever. Does owning the dtm 2013 does not mean that i own a season pass?
Is this article wrong or a misunderstanding of mine??

Thanks

the 2014 season pass could be bought when purchasing the 2013 game, I bought the 2013 game with the 2014 season pass and I now have the choice of both when i launch R3E

Hi Jose,

2014's free if you bought the 2013 experience which included the season pass (if ive remember rightly it was from the official site, and ended around March time??) if you are having to pay, you must have the 2013 only pack.. dont worry tho, its WELL worth the money. Only played a little bit and its immense!

Cheers,

Paulz

I also bought DTM:E 2013 on sale on steam for 17.99 us in June so no 2014 pass for us. With that said I really don't think 2014 is worth it.

1404vrp for 3 cars that are arguably the same as last year. So what am I paying for ? Pit stop ? I never really played the championship in dtm as I always preferred the R3e content and I can't even use the dtm 2014 cars in r3e yet.

There is a bit of disconnect for me here. 3 cars and pit stop does not = 1404 vrp in my book. I'll wait

Dtm 14 has many new features....
Updated car models and optimized graphics
Updated physics and ffb....not 100% sure if dtm 13 was updated in today's build?
Updated team drivers and liveries
Pit stops with customizable pre sets
Choice between prime and option tires
Updated tracks
DTM 13 was teaser and something to play with and look forward too while dtm 14 was being developed :)
That being said if you currently don't run dtm 13 and didn't buy the season pass than dtm 14 probably isn't for you but I wouldn't say it's not worth it's value.
Plus where else can dtm fans get a quality built officially licensed dtm series from ?

I know the stuff will be quality, I have no doubt, I am literally obsesses with this title, I pretty much play daily. But at 1404 vrp for 3 cars , Tires and pit stop as said, IMO its too much. Make it maybe 1000 vrp . cars are usually base price at around 300 vrp x 3 + 100 vrp for the other upgrade i would buy it right away.

@memots: You've payed 17,99 for DTM2013 during steam sale. The official price for DTM2013 (incl. the seasons pass) was 39,95€ and i bought it. So even if you have to pay a few extra bucks for DTM2014 now, it's still a cheaper deal for you.

If you have doubts, then just don't buy it. Simply as that. No one forces you to buy it, but i think it's worth.

@memots: You've payed 17,99 for DTM2013 during steam sale. The official price for DTM2013 (incl. the seasons pass) was 39,95€ and i bought it. So even if you have to pay a few extra bucks for DTM2014 now, it's still a cheaper deal for you.

If you have doubts, then just don't buy it. Simply as that. No one forces you to buy it, but i think it's worth.
I think you are getting me wrong here.
I < - me myself. Do not see a good value at that price. Its an opinion nothing more :thumbsup:.
I love the fact that the game is modular, That way you choose what you want and leave the rest you don't. I am simply stating what i think. Doesn't mean i am right or wrong :)

Last edited:
I bought DTM 2013 because I thought 2014 was free. I also bought loads of content for R3e. Since I have to pay more for 2014 I'm gonna let them keep the money I spend, no complaints and they will never see another dime of my money. Just my opinion but I'm totally finished with it. It's a great game, I have enough content but they are charging for the game of the century not a great game.

I bought DTM 2013 because I thought 2014 was free. I also bought loads of content for R3e. Since I have to pay more for 2014 I'm gonna let them keep the money I spend, no complaints and they will never see another dime of my money. Just my opinion but I'm totally finished with it. It's a great game, I have enough content but they are charging for the game of the century not a great game.
Why did you think they would give us DTM 2014 for free??
Isn't their work worth anything by your means?.. .

DTM Experience 2013/14 Season Pass

As an absolute highlight, with the DTM Experience 2013/14 Season Pass all buyers of DTM Experience 2013 are for now granted free access to the coming DTM Experience 2014 that will include Online Multiplayer Mode. This is a time limited offer that will be available until the 31st of March, 2014.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 412 39.9%