• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU DTM 92 vs Touring Classics @ Zolder - Thur 16Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 27, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 16-11-17
  1. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,246
    Ye, in games I play often I have no music. Or rather, in games that I play while I might be on TeamSpeak, I turn down music. Not done that with the menu music in R3E though. Regardless. It's not an audio-match, but visual content match.

That's the issue, the claim is not from RaceRoom at all - but do dispute the obviously wrongful claim, I need to choose why it's not a valid one. And my guess would be "I have a license or permission from the proper rights holder to use this material". However, I've been through the same thing with rFactor, and that option forces me to provide a document, or a link to show that I(and others) indeed do have that permission.
    The claim is from a Multi Channel Network called Base79 (Now Rightster/Brave Bison), and it claims it on behalf of Blancpain GT series(!).

Anyway, as there are no option to dispute it with "This is just BS", I need some sort of official Sector 3 stance on it, as Youtube demands that I can prove that I am allowed to use this - not that Base79 have to prove that they have the rights to it.

RD streams on Twitch, and when you are a twitch Affiliate/Partner, you are not allowed to stream games on any other platform.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +700
    Great race, awsome grid of cars:thumbsup:
    I had great fun, for several laps I chased hard on @Mike Bishop and it was great. I think I was a little bit faster (?), but he defended very well.:cool:
    @Buster (Craig), I also had @Georg Ortner on my back for a little while, but like you, I knew he was much faster so it would make no sense to "defend" (...if even possible... :p:p:p).
    Live this cars, started to live the track too..
    Cheers;)

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    They were flickering even in the stream, as Ross says the numbers may be too much for 32 bits to cope with. Next week will tell the tale.

4. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +677
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    • Beer Beer x 2
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,360
    From my experience I only have lag, disappearing issues when my own internet connection is not stable/solid (when I have to use wifi or too many people on my street using Facebook! :laugh:). Otherwise it's 100% fine. For some reason Raceroom is very fussy about the strength of the connection, if it's even mildly poor you can get major issues.

I don't know who it was but I did see an Opel that had a ping rate of 480-580 above it in practise and it was blinking on and off the screen almost constantly, everyone else around me was around 100-150 which was fine.

@Ross Garland does have a point though in that the 64 bit update should sort most of the crashes you are experiencing but in all the time I've played Raceroom I've never had a crash to desktop, only the occasional disconnect, and my broadband on Guernsey is pretty mediocre speed wise compared to what you can get in the UK/Europe etc.

There can be issues though with very large grids, and I will admit that. Again I've never had CTD's only random high ping rates. However I have experienced server issues with high grids on both AMS and AC so it's not a problem unique to Raceroom.

Mind you RD have pushed it pretty hard with some races. Those WTCC races around Macau with full grids were pretty busy! :confused::)

One tip that might help. Although my system can cope with everything on ultra/high. Whenever I do a large online race like this I tend to select the medium pre-set on graphics as that still looks pretty good. When racing AI or practicing I crank everything back up again. A kind of safety net I suppose.

Just my two cents worth though and what I've experienced myself :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,246
    Ahkay, I found that, but was a bit unsure if that was still valid :)
    And yes, I saw that - they seemingly often change a content ID claim to a copyright strike when trying to dispute it. Shady business tactics imo.

Regardless, thanks for fast answers :)

EDIT: "Dispute in progress. Claimant response by Dec 17, 2017 " Let's see what happens :)

• Beer Beer x 2
  7. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,211
    I was so busy with my own sloppy driving I probably didn't even notice. I vaguely remember a slight tap in the second chicane, but I also remember thinking it was my own fault for being all over the place and not holding my line properly, and saying "sorry". Other than that...

And often for absolutely no reason at all ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff

Ratings:
    +1,498

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +492
    So you're saying the stream won't be uploaded to Youtube?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +820
    Just thought I'd drop in and say sorry for expressing my temper out loud in my to earlier assessment of the race. I hope you all can understand being knocked off the track, five times in three races, is a bit hard to swallow. Effort prepare in gaining a reasonable position during a race is considerable. I usually get a top 10 but due to a new pedal set, top fives. But this is only done with hours of practice and excessive amount of painkillers, Zappin, Tramadol and on occasion morphine patches. I do this for the fun of the race, just like everybody else. I'm 55 with a numerous amount of medical problems mainly in right and left arms some of you may already know. I have spoken about this previously, with unnecessary detail and who gives a s***.:rolleyes: Despite that I feel I'm progressing well, considering I've only been playing this game of this type for approximately 9 months. Approx 75 club racers.
    I do consider myself as a high standard of driver in consideration and thoughtfulness etc. I do driver with no contact policy as much as I and others consider as acceptable. My standard is high which I hope, if not known but in the future can be recognised and relied upon. As I do believe my club race experiences, of incidents, is a good one.. so on to the apology.
    I'm NOT going to apologise for what I said, but I am going to apologize for the way I said it.
    Maybe it's just about luck over the last few weeks, but I doubt it I really. As much as I hate to say it but I can only rely on the regular to the club. This is a fact.
    There are so many problems coming to play in situations such as mine. And they are me and everybody else. That is, I tried to do my best, some I consider do not. There are many reasons of my conclusion, which I have mentioned previously, "once or twice"... and some I have not.
    Despite all of this I'm going to race in the club and expect the worst.

And a personal apology to those I was referring to in my previous post. I should have just reported one of you.:roflmao:
    Which I won't be so hesitant in the future if any lessons going to be learnt in getting a clean, fair race.:thumbsup:
    Sorry but that's the truth of it.:(

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,211
    No matter how hard we try to get away from it, real life has a nasty tendency of getting back to us.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  12. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,765
    Please do. Getting reported and banned is unfortunately the only way some people learn that certain rules must be followed, and it's also a good deterrent to others. That said, as staff I can honestly say that overall driving standards have improved a great deal over the last few months, something made clear by the lack of reports we've been getting in the R3E club. :thumbsup:

Don't I know it. Wish I didn't.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,211
    Sorry to hear that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +216
    Same here, hence why I had to leave. Had no problems previously :(

15. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +216
    Apologies I had to leave, as in ^ post my PC just couldn't handle this many liveries. Kept getting cars jumping all over the place which as I'm sure you can appreciate is difficult when you are trying to brake, shift down 4 gears and turn into a hairpin.
    Anyway, there were a few good points. Qualified much quicker than I had before, and then got a good start (largely helped by the melee at Turn 2). Was 4th at the end of Lap 1 but then on cold tyres completely missed my braking point into the last chicane. Hoped across the gravel, losing 3-4 places... and got a drive through!
    Served the drive through the next lap, and dropped to 20th ish. Battled for 20th ish for the next 25 minutes and then had the game lag as mentioned above.
    Not really bothered though because the Opel is a pig to drive, should've gone for my trusty Volvo! :D:D

16. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +183
    Firstly, I highly recommend getting off the Tramadol, it will affect your psyche, makes people angry, was arrested 4 times whilst on the crap, stopped taking it (still take a menagerie of other crap) and back to Mr Nice..........ish, do recommend getting hold of your local Mr Nice, as what he has is far, far better for inflammation and pain! ;)
    Secondly, if you place a number of enthusiastic but amateur people into an enclosed environment, in any field of sport or pastime then accidents are going to happen, add to that a bunch of middle aged men, full of whatever they can get their hands on to ease the pain, then reactions will be pedestrian at best.

Now, if S3 eventually roll out their ranking system, maybe, just maybe, you'll find yourself racing against people of a similar ability but if you believe you will never get hit by a competitor again then you're mistaken, closer the duelling is the more contact there is, personally I feel if S3 got rid of this ridiculous, touch a car in front then you shall pirouette policy, most of your issues would be resolved, not being able to gain control of your own vehicle, as some sort of punishment for contact is a real pain in the arse that needs resolving
    Georg Ortner and chums, every little contact should not result in being spun and thrown into the kitty litter.

Lastly, I feel your pain man, have had my own similar issues for most of my life, need 2 knees, right hip, right shoulder, back and worst of all hands, I also have spent countless hours trying to improve, 180000km on RR alone, I've also taken it far too seriously on occasions and had to take a step back. I recommend a few hours in the public servers, perhaps then you will see RD is a very nice place to be in comparison. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +183
    My connection has never been an issue, have a 75Mb FO line here, it's other people's poor connections that give me those issues. My point was the people crashing out of the game randomly, had it a few times myself but nothing to shout about really, others though, seem to be plagued. Opening up the use of more RAM can only help us all!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +820
    First of all I appreciate the advice of getting off the tramadol this is been an ongoing thing for let's say, for sometime but and will only to be replaced by others. :( As I said before to you and others pain for any length of time is hazardous to your very soul.
    I am by nature "Once Upon a Time" a funny guy, I do by naturally, accidentally make funny out of virtually anything. Lucky me. I would simply rather bring a smile then bring a frown.

As for my local Mr Nice who in recent months is made a significant difference in pain relief.

I don't want to report anybody, but what other form of pissing somebody else off (teaching them a lesson) without any real satisfaction, is there? Now there's a question..
    Anybody it's been around any type of SIM racing for some time will know the difference from an incident and a incident that could have been avoided.
    There lies your answer to justice..
    It's far too easy to go by the letter of the law.

And another thing I'm getting frustrated about been used in video streams as entertainment to subscribers, fans or groupies:p which I described as disrespectful, for the want of a better word.
    It's a friendly club events not a spectacle of ones personal performance.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    • Love Love x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
  20. birle1

birle1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +20
    that Opel was meeee!!! so sorry, radoslaw. i´m no that bad, only it was a bad evening. i have raced twice here. the first one went well, or may be too much, and second one was that one i hit you. everthing went wrong.

• Haha Haha x 1