• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU DTM 92 vs Touring Classics @ Zolder - Thur 16Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 27, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 16-11-17
  1. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,246
    Here is my racestream, from 31st to 11th. Not as good as @Georg Ortner but that's not to be expected either.

It was a fun race, nice fights, and fair driving :)

Oh, and for a double tag @Georg Ortner I keep getting a visual content match/copyright strike on R3E content - but it's impossible to file a dispute as I have nothing to show for it. Do Sector 3 have an official YouTube policy? I know that it was posted on the Steamforums, but that was back when it was called SimBin and the link is inactive due to this.
    It's a frustrating thing to have popping up, as this is on a livestream, and if I get a strike, the possibility to stream will be blocked for 90 days. And 3 strikes is a removal from YT.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,211
    Oh, yeah, my stream of me failing at racing with some occassional awkward comment should be at my channel as always.

That's weird, never had any issues with content matches on R3E content, or any racing game content for that matter. As long as I turn down licensed music (if the game includes it), it's perfectly fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. konqui

konqui
    Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for the close race. Especially the first laps was so close and fair. Here the view from my point:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    It normally get onto YT maybe takes a few days, well worth waiting for.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +677
    My stream is up here:

@Ole Marius Myrvold
    This never happened to me either.
    Are you sure the claim comes from RaceRoom?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    Which reminds me, I forgot to give a huge shout-out to @Joseph Wright for another superb stream, he's an integral part of what makes these broadcasts so watchable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +677
    There was a broadcast? I completely missed that.

In case you didnt know, you can uncheck "make archive unlisted" and the stream will be available right after it finished.
    [​IMG]

8. Daz85UK

Daz85UK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    @Georg Ortner great stream, your speed is unbelievable! When i was in P6 you caught me like I was out for a sunday drive! Great work!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +182
    Well nose swiped at the second turn but managed to not lose too many places, kept out of trouble right up to halfway, when I pitted, as I just can't get tyres to last, dropped to mid pack but made a couple places up quite swiftly, then drafting Ross into last chicane, completely missed braking marker, compromising us both, apologies young man, not intentional at all, did wait other side of chicane for you and did notice you have another incident, I'll take full responsibility for that one too, seeing as I stole your concentration, apologies again, first time in the Nissan, doesn't have brakes to start with but take away any tyre tread and they are beyond a handful but bloody good fun. I did tag someone in a silver Merc, apologies but got myself into the position where, if I'd lifted off the gas my back end would have come round and tagged you anyway, tried to minimise contact but just ended up daisy cutting into oblivion, lost gawd knows how many places, sorry if I cost you any places. Could have been a lot worse for all, just had an 18 day rest from all forms of Sim racing and boy did it show, in hindsight, perhaps a car I'd driven round Zolder before, may well have been the better decision. :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +455
    Yeah, I was right behind you and was surprised when you didn't move at the start. I got a fairly good jump and by the time I noticed that you were still stationary I tried to swerve to miss you but it was too late and bumped you a little. Sorry about that:(.

Overall a fun evening until Windows crashed the game for me with about 7 minutes left so I didn't even get to see the end. Arggggh:mad::mad:.

• Beer Beer x 2
  11. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +312
    Did you had TS Notifier running? In that case you could have your suspicions on that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +455
    Having that many cars on the grid is a mixed blessing to me. It's nice to always have someone around to compete against no matter where you are on the course but the first lap or two looked like Los Angeles at the morning rush hour:p.

Wanted to make a special comment about @Piotrek Blaszczak's gentlemanly actions. He got tangled up with @Georg Ortner about 3 minutes into the race and I was right behind them so I bumped into the back of his car. He waited for @george to regain position as the rules require but he also waited for me, who was behind him in the first place. This really wasn't necessary, especially since I kept spinning out trying to get back on the track but he sat patiently (or maybe not so patiently) and waited while I spun a few donuts in the grass:confused:. Anyway, thanks Piotrek and sorry you had to wait so long:).

I also want to apologize to @Martin Fiala for my sloppy pass. I had followed you and @Piotrek Blaszczak for quite a few laps trying to find an opening when you finally made a slight error and I made my move. Unfortunately it didn't go as well as I had envisioned and while I did get past you I probably looked like a drunken hula dancer doing it:rolleyes:.

Thanks all for a fun race even though it did end abruptly with 7 minutes to go when Windows crashed the game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +455
    Yes, TS Notifier was running, but I've had it on in my last dozen or so races and had no similar issues. Has TSN become an issue with other crashes?

14. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +312
    Often it is the most suspicious subject when you experience a connection loss or crash.

15. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,765
    @Anders Nilsson, the majority of people use Crew Chief with R3E and have no issues at all. I can almost guarantee that CC was not the cause of your crash last night. The same goes for TS Notifier which many people use without issue.

R3E is still 32bit which means it is restricted in how much RAM it can use. For our average grids of around 20-25 cars that's not usually an issue. However, when you have 33 cars with 9 different models and numerous liveries, it can be. It doesn't matter how amazing your system is or what other (64bit) sims it can run, if R3E hits it's limit it will crash. That is likely why this event had multiple crashers whereas the previous few events have had hardly any. This particular issue should be solved in the near future when R3E is upgraded to 64bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +182
    Well that was me who tagged you at turn 2 and after going back over the replay I fancy I might only take half the blame, if you'd not clipped the car in front of you and slowed I may well have just followed you both through the turn, I got hit 2 or 3 times after our collision, as the proverbial consertina effect ensued, as for waiting, with so many Beemers on the grid I had no idea if you'd passed with the half dozen that did or not. Apologies if you feel you were hard done by, no one wants to waste their time, as there seems to be less and less of it to go round for all. I also don't want to be the Muppet that causes a fellow driver to give up racing here, so I do hope it is only exasperation talking, personally I kick one of the dog's, they bite me back and everything's back to normal.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +182
    I do so hope that the next updates deployment of 64bit support sorts out some of the issues people are getting, I had multiple occasions where cars were disappearing, most disconcerting, I heard complaint of lag issues during the race and a few left, some had game crashes, even dismay thrown toward our beloved crew chief, sort it out S3, generally I don't get many issues but last night they seemed rife. Roll on next week, if indeed we do see the illusive October patch on the 21st of November! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +321
    @Georg Ortner ...thanks for the setup, tried it after the race and my lap time dropped by 1.2 so well pleased, It just enabled me to "push" that little bit harder ...eh still not on your lap times but getting closer ....:thumbsup:

Oh and I did not just give up in the race as you stated in your video, I really did not see the point in me going into "defense mode" and loosing time for myself and you, when you were @ least 3 seconds a lap quicker than me, the results would have been inevitable ...trust me, if our lap times had been closer, I would have fought with you every inch of the way :)

Great race chaps, really enjoyed it ..I am racing rear to mid-pack and yes there is plenty of fighting going on even towards the rear, also plenty of "love taps" but nothing more, certainly no silly dive-bombs or stupid overtake moves, very fair :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. birle1

birle1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +20
    sorry me, myke!! it was my fault!!! for me it was not a fun evening. i thought i would do better, but no!! when this happens, i know what i have to do. not attack too much, and not defend too much. other things is what my head is thinking about!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +700
    Yes... I used to run it, but after two crashes (TS + Notifier + R3E) mid race, I don't risk anymore... They reported a fix to a DX9 problem, but didn't have the guts to test it yet.