1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU DTM '92 @ Bathurst - Sunday June 14th 2015

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Kjell Eilertsen, Jun 3, 2015.

1. DTM 92 Club Racing.png
    To round off our week in Australia we bring the iconic touring classics from the 1992 Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (DTM) to Bathurst. After yesterdays Group 5 cars these might feel like a sunday drive at first, but don't let them fool you, these babies likes to be treated mean but they'll punish you for being stupid, so stay awake because this is still not your average sunday trip to the mall! See you at our final outing around Mount Panorama!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name: RaceDepartment
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars pack(s): WTCC 2013
    Track:
    Bathurst Circtuit

NOTE THE CHANGE OF FORMAT:

Practice: 19:00 GMT - 30 mins
    Qualifying 1: 19:30 GMT - 10 mins
    Race 1: 19:40 GMT - 25 mins

Practice 2: 20:05 GMT - 10 mins (consider this break/warmup)
    Qualifying 2: 20:15 GMT - 10 mins
    Race 2: 20:25 GMT - 25 mins

Both races will be run with 4x tire wear, so be prepared to pit in case your tires goes completely off!

Notice that all our Club Races are run on the Get Real difficulty mode. You need to own the track we are running and at least one car from the class, you do not have to own any cars you are not going to race yourself.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  2. Entry List
    1. Bez
    2. Kjell Eilertsen
    3. Jozsef Veverka
    4. Paulh
    5. Sean Kenney
    6. jimortality
    7. Free slot
    8. Free slot
    9. Free slot
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  3. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Sign me up please

• Like Like x 1
  4. Singning myself up for this! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. im in too

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Anyone tried this combo since the update, I'm getting a really odd hard road ffb reaction at the apex of the cutting i think its called, as if the road has a kerb going across it or the road is cracked badly, never felt it previously in r3e but aswell as the update ive got a new wheel so it could be a borked setting in the wheel control panel??

7. Haven't tested with these cars since patch, did the WTCC cars yesterday though and didn't notice anything particular.

8. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

@Kjell Eilertsen when you tested the WTCC cars, how did you find them? I tried the Lada and I don't know what they've changed but I didn't like it. I'm not going too judge to hard though as my ffb settings were from before the patch but it felt a bit like driving in pudding.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  9. Sorry, wrong guy to ask, I've never liked FWD cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

WTCC? Is the Lada fwd? what cars were you testing?

11. All cars in WTCC are FWD except the BMW, guess which one I was testing. :)

12. Take note of the change of format for this race;
    Practice: 19:00 GMT - 30 mins
    Qualifying 1: 19:30 GMT - 10 mins
    Race 1: 19:40 GMT - 25 mins

Practice 2: 20:05 GMT - 10 mins (consider this break/warmup)
    Qualifying 2: 20:15 GMT - 10 mins
    Race 2: 20:25 GMT - 25 mins

Both races will be run with 4x tire wear, so be prepared to pit in case your tires goes completely off!

13. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Hmmmm, thought there would be more sign ups for this epic combo...I'm guessing paid for optional content, which inevitably splits the player base when combined with premium only racing equals low sign ups :(

Free car/track combo might be worth a try to get people involved?

14. Yes, I agree that paid content can split customerbase, but then again iRacing is proof of the opposite.
    But its only friday, a lot of people have not made plans for saturday and sunday evening yet, so the list may yet grow. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Any races with normal tire wear and no pits stops planned?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

Sign me up plz :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Unless these cars eat through tires much faster than the DTM 2013 and the WTCC 2013 cars then you will not have to pit as 25 mins proved to be too short to make the tires go off. You will however notice a slight loss of grip towards the end of the race, which is great, makes the race more dynamic rather than static.

• Beer Beer x 1
  18. Antony Martin

Antony Martin
    Obsolete Format Premium Member

is this race in the get real setting?

19. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Yes, it's mentioned in the last paragraph of the OP

20. Antony Martin

Antony Martin
    Obsolete Format Premium Member

Lol I read it as not all our races are in get real what an idiot well I should hopefully be joining in then, il grab the dlc later been mainly on AC but this game does seem to be good

• Like Like x 2