1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

DTM 2016?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by 2scoops, May 12, 2016.

1. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

I've just launched the game to get the Tatus F4, and i've noticed that I now have a Paul Diresta's DTM 2016 car. Where has that come from.

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Part of a Raceroom online thingy

3. Also have seen the new car of the DTM in 2016 would like to know when will be launched, it is the best mod on my point of view:thumbsup:I hope it will even better with improvements, I can not wait to test.
    In hopes of this mod DTM2016

4. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

It's for the Mercedes DTM team racing academy competition.

5. I tryied this Mercedes competition, did a few laps around Hockenheim, and last one was pretty much perfect, but my time was 6!!! seconds behind leader!! Where is the catch in this game?
    Best ever recorded is 1.29.9, mine as only 1.35.6! Where to get these 6 seconds? It surely is not only in the setup!

6. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos
    Live For Today Premium Member

Challenge the leader and you will see the racing line, which i guess is the main reason for those differences :)
    Plus braking points, exit corners and gear changes. :ninja:
    I tried it but i cant make it happen :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I am not that bad either ;)
    Eh come on, 5-6 seconds behind? Cannot be. I wouldn`t say 1-2 seconds, but not more.
    Is it possible to get any replay or setup of the best ones?

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

I'm nearly 4 seconds off in 426th place on the first one.
    Really hard to increase as don't have time...

9. 1:35.6 is faaaar from perfect. You should be able to go faster at least 3 seconds with the default setup.

10. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos
    Live For Today Premium Member

Im sure they cant make the tracks you re making ;)

11. I got down to 1.32.9, maybe some 0.5sec is still possible, but more...

12. Down to 1.32.3. Still don`t know where to get 2 seconds (maybe in setup).

13. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Your time is really good. I nearly adcanced to semifinal in DTM Spring Cup and have been 2 to 2.5 seconds to the fastest leaderboard times.
    I feel the trick has to do with the locked diff. I have been closer in the 2014 cars, then I lost a bit more. It just doesn't suit me.
    You will never come to those 1:30, there is a secret.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  14. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

I've managed only once to pull a 1:30. Hockenheim is the trickiest track because they use and abuse the corner exits and runoff areas sometimes to pull the lap. The GP track is lenient as hell. I think I can manage a 1.33, maybe a 1.31 if I try hard enough.

15. I was checking split times, and to the 1st stint I constantly loosing 0.5-0.7 seconds, even if I run very wide out of 1st turn (wide to the maximum). So where can I loose that much time? It`s virtually impossible.
    btw, about the locked diff. Where is that option in the setup? I don`t have it.

16. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108

You did a 1:30? That means you are as fast as Tim Heinemann. And I really can't believe this.

17. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108

You need to brake the car while accelerating it so you are running the non-coast diff value.

18. Or you mean I have to keep press the throttle pedal while braking (trail braking)?
    Btw, diff is disabled for the dtm 2016 mod. There is only preload available to change.

19. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

I said once. I couldn't believe it either.

I was kinda like Stephen Curry in a good day.

Hockenheim I'm not actually fast, my best lap in race pace nowadays was a 32.4

• Love Love x 1
  20. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108

Seems appropriate, our pace should be close to each other.
    Still I don't feel in control when driving the 15 cars. I admit I haven't tried the competition, maybe new physics.