1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTM 2015/16 winter cup

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Kurupt CDN, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

Sector3 and DTM have partnered up again and are running a winter cup.
    All content is free to use in the competition, it starts off tomorrow is anyone here gonna take part?
    It's basically a 3 day hotlapping contest the top 90 something drivers at the end of the 6 week competition will be divided into 4 rooms to compete against one another for the grand prize.
    Fun competition for all skill levels, random prizes, free use of the dtm content for those that don't have it

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/dtm-experience-winter-cup-2015-2016.3663/

• Like Like x 3
  2. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

I think I will have a try. Had some top 50s in a few time attacks I entered in Spring Cup. The new car still feels weird to me, but at least I learn. I don't think I can reach semifinal though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Embarrassingly, Backmarker Champion 2015 & 2016 Staff Premium Member

That sounds like fun, but I'm restricted in my driving time, and lets face it, unlikely to dent the leaderboards:redface: anyway.

• Love Love x 1
  4. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

It's not always about posting the fastest time, what I enjoy is that the slower guys can pick a faster players lap and race his ghost and learn there lines to help improve there times :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I have learned a ton in the last 8 months doing just this. It does not feel so alone on the track either :) It used to take several hours over a couple of nights to get a decent time in the lower mid field, now I can typically do it in an hour or less... no speed demon by any stretch. Fun to test yourself though.

Rich

• Like Like x 2
  6. One thing to point out though, in these official contests, unfortunately the "challenge" feature is disabled.
    I was for a brief period #4, but that was because there were only 10 other times submitted :)
    I don't think I have anything better in me than a 1:29 at the A1 Ring. The DTM 2015 cars are very nice to drive though, I did not purchase them, I got the 2013 and the 2014 pack, not into them enough to go for another :)

Rich

• Like Like x 2
  7. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Last time around they were enabled? Heck they reverted it back?

8. I'll have a go at this, but I'll be somewhere near the bottom of the leaderboards. Still fun to try :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Today is QF Group 1. I´m in it and I will stream it.
    If someone wants to watch the race: www.twitcht.tv/itzmoo