DTM 2012 Series for RACE 07/rFactor

Yeah it's the online version. Maybe moving steam over to another HDD will solve this. (quite old the one i'm currently using).

Thanks. i suck at texturing though, never learned that :p So changing the color is about the best i can do myself, lol.

Added some Specular / ENV maps to the car, looks a tad more realistic now. Still to much of the effect though, gotta tone it down a bit.
1ABC578BAB85325B88EFE3BC3DBA92A47DF17B0F

I don't think you need a Mod manager right away, it's currently copy->paste. However the count of mods is limited and a few could have compability issues due to ID's.

Looks fantastic to me, Afinda. :) Which BMW sound are you going to use?
It's currently using the BMW 320i Sounds. Added the wheels ingame, for some reason they stick into the ground though, changing their height in the 3d Mesh didn't do any good whatsoever, also messing with the Suspension didn't change the outcome, kinda weird. Anyone having an idea?. Will add the Brakediscs and everything else that's missing to complete the looks next. Interriors will follow as soon as all cars (Audi A5 + Mercedes) are ingame at a stage like the BMW is right now.

2012040800001u.jpg

Also i've got some issues adding a 6th gear, am totally lost in the Gear ratios. i know however that it packs about 420HP and tops at about 300 KMH

within the TYR-files there is an entry called "radius"...maybe you should change (rise) the value to fit the wheel ;)
at least in other gmotor-games this value is needed to calculate the correct distance from center to tarmac for each wheel :)

within the TYR-files there is an entry called "radius"...maybe you should change (rise) the value to fit the wheel ;)
at least in other gmotor-games this value is needed to calculate the correct distance from center to tarmac for each wheel :)

Sadly nope, just messed up things so i gotta go bug hunting again. It's quite interesting to which extent bugs can appear with this engine, even placing textures into a folder can mess up the whole outcome.

The model itself is being displayed absoloutely correct in the selection screen - so it has to be somewhere in the physics after all, the tires were way to much inside the cars center at first, but that was easy to fix with a post from Günthar where he stated what exactly to fix. However i havn't been able to find a Physics editor for Race 07 or other games that are built around this engine. So all that's left to do is trial & error -> but i ended up thinking that i'll do that when all required Models are ingame (Body, tires, brakediscs, shadowmeshes and everything there is).

It's also quite funny getting everything into the correct place to begin with. That's mostly due to 3DSimED not correctly positioning the *.3ds mesh in the right place (X,Y, Z) which one ends up seeing in the ingame selection screen first (if not right away in the the editor itself).

Well i take all this as good learning experiences towards completition of this mod and maybe for another project around this games engine (maybe Go-Karts with custom tracks or anything like that - won't promise anything :p)

Update! Everything's now in place, added Brakediscs (I've called them lids as model, i don't know why but the wheels are setup in a weird way) Hub Spindles (which actually are called spindles) and whatever the third thing was ment to be (Called the model BDisc, all it actually does is blocking the view behind the tire).

All that's left to do now are the shadow meshes.

bmwm3dtm2012.jpg

supertouring98218.jpg

supertouring98219.jpg

The "lid" parts covers the rim area and makes it possible to blur the spokes at speed.
The wheel materials can be animated to show different textures at different speed :)
(And the "Y" and "Z" axles are flipped in 3dsimED)

supertouring98218.jpg

supertouring98219.jpg

The "lid" parts covers the rim area and makes it possible to blur the spokes at speed.
The wheel materials can be animated to show different textures at different speed :)
(And the "Y" and "Z" axles are flipped in 3dsimED)

Sweet, thanks for the info! So it has to be an alphamap i guess, well i'll add that at some later point and leave it as Brake disc model - it makes no real difference after all which model does what :p

Shadows anyone? Only tyre shadow models are left to do now and then it's up to the physics/engine. i think i'll put together a pre-release so people can start painting it. I'm not doing this for teaser purposes but for Feedback from the people painting it so i can sort out UV map issues so everything's being displayed correct without any stretching.

Shadows:

bmwdtmshadow.jpg

bmwdtmshadow2.jpg

Also as i've stated somewhere earlier, i've already begun to model the Audi A5 DTM 2012, it's pretty much early wip at this point but i'm positive that i can release some renders soon.

Well, here it is - the Prerelease. ofc i've removed everything unnecessary and Sorted everything so it should match the way the default Race07 cars are setup (folder stucture and so on). There's no new engine and the Physics have not yet been edited.

You know the drill, unrar into your GameData/Teams/ folder. The mod Currently uses ModelID 200 and ClassID 199

Code:
http://speedy.sh/AWMWW/DTM-2012-by-Afinda.rar
Password for the rar is 4racedepartment

Little update, countinued it a little bit.

wipa52.jpg

However i might've to scrap it and start from scratch, somewhat can't really get the shape right. Only modeling it after Pictures from google rather than a picture/blueprint mix. See the Red spots on the hood for example, should be a straight line but isn't. Maybe gotta remove some polys to match it.. Btw. the red spots are actually polys so i was thinking that this might also shoot above the wanted polycount.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%