DTM 2012 Series for RACE 07/rFactor

Update Time everyone!

Took my time to Model the rear as close to the original as possible (Using pictures/Videos as reference) and the shape's almost finished now, still have to add the Air thingys to the hood and the Exhaust to the rear, add windows and rearmirrors, the Wing and the wheels. Model is currently at 2,2k Polys.

I'm not quite sure wether to add detailed head and brake lights so i'll leave that up to you to decide. Also the interrior still needs to be done, i hope that i'll be able to finish everything within a 3-3,5k poly range.

wiprear.jpg

wiprearangle.jpg

A lil update, Added Headlights and Closed the Rearlights(Which will most likely only be texture after all).

wipm3dtm.jpg

Todo:
-add rearmirrors(which somewhat suck to model lol)
-model the tires/rims (the ones in the render are from a Corvette and Meshsmoothed(25k polys each))
-Sorting out details
-Texturing
-Porting ingame

Yet another update with some more details added, will wrap things up tomorrow and start to model the interior. Rear and Side views so far:

bmwm3dtmrear.jpg

bmwm3dtmside.jpg

Hope you like it! It's not 100% accurate to the original though - i'm still a novice at car modeling (been modeling other things for some years now though). 4.8k Polys so far (WTCC2k7 BMW had 7k polys so i took that as "deadline")

Lol, really? Could have fooled me. If that's the work of a novice then I'd love to see something you're an expert at! ;)

Heh, well there are still things i don't fully attach to the mesh, the exhausts for example, Door handle, Rearmirrors. They're just moved so it looks like they should without anyone seeing the "truth" behind that. The basemesh of the car is Rather good for turning it into a High Poly mesh for Photo realistic like renderings - maybe i'll give it a try when the ingame model is done :p (Currently working out something like a portfolio with worksamples)

To show you an example of how much i suck at Unwrapping something complex here's what the Template looks like currently.

NOTE: I suggest to NOT paint this - it is not final and doesn't contain everything yet!! I can't guarantee the parts scales/positioning.

NOTE2: If you're fast enough however i can apply it to the model with the current Unwrap to check how it looks like ;).

bmwdtmdiffuse.jpg

Finished the Unwrap today, here are the Livery Templates (I marked every part of the car which isn't selfexplanory).

bmwdtmbodydiff.jpg

bmwdtmpartsdiff.jpg

*EDIT* Picked up work on the Audi A5 DTM 2012 Body - untill the getting ingame issues of the M3 are sorted out because i don't wanna end up doing nothing. At least if the Model and Templates exist there's a chance of someone helping me to get it ingame (for Race 07, no Addons or anything)

Update Update, big one at that. First of all, credits go out to AndreasFSC for helping me with all the necessary info on getting the car ingame, thank you! Here are the first Ingame Screenshots with the above posted Livery Template as texture. There are still some Issues with the Wheels (I'll make some myself next) And with the LOD (Which i'll just have to rewrite to use the Mesh in all LODS).

First shots:
1CAD996186552A069560AD61F5145F48AD707AD0

9869C93F4F244E8B7B436415744F90F3C6BF7CB4

Got a Few FPS issues (Been driving it on another 2 tracks) also the loading time is extremely long. I'm currently using 3DSimED to export the mesh to *.gmg -> funny thing is that if i take an existing model, convert it to *.3ds and back to *.gmt it's filesize is about 2 to 2.5 times bigger. wtf?

Anyone got hints?

*EDIT* hmm weird, when i tested it again i had no FPS issues whatsoever.

Got a Few FPS issues (Been driving it on another 2 tracks) also the loading time is extremely long. I'm currently using 3DSimED to export the mesh to *.gmg -> funny thing is that if i take an existing model, convert it to *.3ds and back to *.gmt it's filesize is about 2 to 2.5 times bigger. wtf?

Anyone got hints?

*EDIT* hmm weird, when i tested it again i had no FPS issues whatsoever.
You are using online Race version?

BTW looking awesome!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back