1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

DTM 2010 @ Zandvoort - Tuesday August 23rd 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Chris Butcher, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM DTM
    Required RACE 07 expansions: None, Mod required: DTM 2008-2010 (see mod download packages)
    Class: DTM 2010
    Track: Zandvoort 07
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualification: 19:30 GMT
    Warm-up: 19:40 GMT
    Race: 19:50 GMT 2 x 20 mins
    Password: click here

Download packages

Tracks:
    Racing Club track package

Mods:
    Racing Club Mod package (part 1)
    Racing Club Mod package (part 2)

*due to the daily download limit it will take 2 to 3 days to get all the packages, in order to make it faster you can get the tracks pack and the mod link will seperately posted in each event thread.

Notes:
    1. Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.

2. If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
    • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
    Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

[signuplist]360[/signuplist]

2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

These cars are great around this track guys :)

3. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

Brief highlights from last race:

Zandvoort is bumpy to the max in these cars, must be horrendous in a real DTM car

4. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!

5. Zandvoort and DTM's....very hard to resist :D
    Still remember last year's race with this combo, was a blast :)

If I can schedule it, im there...

7. OK, I'm up for my first RD event. 8 weeks a Sim racer is my total talent :) and mostly WTCC at that.

BEWARE! Hicc! :)

I can keep it on the track most the time and will pay heed to who, what is around me.

I have done some online stuff in the 'open' servers and I can run 'midfield' often enough.

I have done a bit of running around with some of these beasty cars and I do OK. I ran Zandvoort earlier and my time was 1:35:xx. 4 secs off according to the above videos :-( Woe, is me!

...RayL

Hmm? I just noticed all teh download Mod stuff?? I was on server earlier with DTM car. I assume therefor, I do not need to D/L anything?

8. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

If you got on the server ok, no. I do recommend the default setups for fixing gear ratios though

9. Thanks for response, Chris.

I D/L setups that appear to be fine throughout the gear v track/car attitude.

...RayL

10. 2 persons with nicks on the server! pls remove them.

11. Which version of the dtm mod is used? the pack will exceed my download limit :(

12. found it on Nogrip :)

13. David J Anderson

David J Anderson
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Sorry to be annoying, but the sign-in button isn't working for me.

So I'll say I'm signing up here.

14. Nice re-entry Chris ;)

Car was total loss so i stopped driving. didn't want to wait for 20 minutes so i quited.

Not so decent of me but i wasn't planning a replay night tonight.

15. @Stefan,

I was a little upset that in my first ever event I noticed that rather than leave a message regarding my 'nick' you instead voted to Kick me.
    I see further, that that you appeal here too.

BTW, sorry to see you get disqualified from the server.

...RayL

16. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

A compliment from my side to Ray and some others who are rookies or nearly rookies @ RD for doing the whole event and not causing any trouble with these not easy but super fun cars :D
    8 and 5 finishers for the races isn't the best overall showing though for the grid, but still an enjoyable event.

I personaly had a great time today and was surprised by my pace on a track where I had a few problems in the past.
    It is incredible how good this DTM-Mod feels and drives on every track I raced it on !

Q: Quali was very nice. On my last lap I risked a bit more on the middle sector, trying to squeeze more out of that tricky part, as I already had a nice time which would have been enough for p2. It worked out and I found 3 extra tenths in that sector (2 for the lap) to push it to 1.32.0 and a pole position :)

R1: Very good and solid race without any mistakes from start to finish. That was really needed, as Jari did not do any mistakes either and was never further away than 2 seconds.

R2: I did a not so good start and slowed down for a while because I did not want to risk anything. It was very close with someone who was spinning in front of me.
    A bit upset to see several guys quit in this race, but in the end I found myself on p3 in midrace following David for a couple of laps.
    Some time later i could pass him and Jari wasn't too far away, but I did a huge mistake leading into the bumpy fast part.
    My car was breaking out after bump on the track and I thought I caught it, so I put my foot on the throttle a bit too early and I was caught up by another bump to have my car break out again :eek:
    With a bit of luck I could go on with the race with just minor damage, but my laptimes were half a second slower than on the first race and Jari had a bigger gap now, so I was glad to finish in 2nd this time.

-> q: 1st / r1: 1st / r2: 2nd

Thanks to all and cya next time around

17. Thank you for your support, Dino :)

Well, I thought I might do better than last in each race (well, 7/8 in R1) but, hey, I know my place. Besides, I had Coultards motor and he would want me to be careful with it. <Smirk>

Maybe it was my setup? After all, from what I see from the PitCam my crew look a little suspect? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5845546/PitCam.jpg

Until the next time..

PS. just a thought; after I moaned about having no rear view mirror, when I did get it sorted I never saw any bugger in it anyway!

...Ray.

18. Had some damage in the 1st race due to going off road. It was a shame as I was slowly clawing my way back to Sergio. After that my car lost some pace and was a bit unstable. I managed to adjust after a while and was at a stalemate with Michael. But I hope I kept him on his toes at least.

2nd Race was a bit of a disaster. An awful start, I ended up giving Andy a nudge as there were cars about 4 abreast in turn 1. Had a few incidents, and then Sergio caught my back end as I was struggling for grip out of a corner. He slowed down and waited for me, but the car was horrible to drive even after what seemed a small contact with the barrier. I gave it a go, but it was clearly a no go and really wasn't worth pitting. Sergio was still waiting. I tried to flash my lights to signal him to carry on, but I changed my buttons and couldn't remember what it was.

19. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

I couldn't see anything after Sergio put me in the gravel. I tried my best to avoid it Hugo, my apologies. When I hit you my car was actually out of control, I didn't just simply drive into the side of you.

Just as a side note, if you are going to quit, don't just sit there. I was waiting for you to rejoin the track and then you just quit. I wan't too happy with that.

I've been disappointed overall with the racing these cars have given. Next month, we are moving onto a new mod :)

20. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

Interesting.
    The 2 DTM events I did this month were among the most fun races I had here for months (Dijon & Zandvoort)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.