1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTM 2010 @ Limerock - Tuesday August 16th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Required RACE 07 expansions: None
    Class: LMT & T2L DTM 2008-2010 & 2010 DTM Default Setup
    Track: Limerock (Mountain layout)
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualification: 19:30 GMT
    Warm-up: 19:45 GMT
    Race: 19:55 GMT (2x25 minutes)
    Password: click here

Download packages

Racing Club track package

Racing Club Mod package (part 1)
    Racing Club Mod package (part 2)

*due to the daily download limit it will take 2 to 3 days to get all the packages, in order to make it faster you can get the tracks pack and the mod link will seperately posted in each event thread.

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Thanks for sorting this Yves. I love Limerock :)
  3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!
  4. I'm signing up, though I hope there'll be some more people, especially slow guys as I'm really out of practice.
  5. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

I'm not terribly quick in these Péter
  6. I'll take a break from XPacks, i'm in too.. And terribly slow..

Got Booted.. don't know what is doing it..

EDIT: if someone who is in server sees this, tell me, is it the mod or track? EDIT II: sorted, it was the track
  7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Sorry i had to go, It was looking like a good race......
  8. what a mistake i did:( I could be the winner... I did not understand why the car reacted like that. BTW
  9. Nice evening. Managed to get a decent setup in a short time, thanks to default setup suiting the track nicely.

Qualy was one more practice to me... Race1 i got a great start and found my way to 3rd/4th place. But then i collided with much faster Jari in turn 1, caused a mayhem.. Sorry, that was pure racing incident, fighting so close in such a high speed makes the margins very thin. Started to catch what i could and had a good battle with Robert at the end. The gap was shrinking so slowly that this time seconds were minutes and tenths were seconds.... Had a real good "zone" moment, lasted almost thru the whole Race1..

Race2 was shorter, had a good start again and to P1 in turn1. Maged to hold that for few turns but then just a hair too long brake and guys came whizzing by. Robert was in P2 so i knew that if i pushed i could catch the battling trio, with possibly some spins giving presents.. Jari was first victim as he found himself in the wrong side of the fence... Haven't look the replay but looked like a racing incident from the back.. When i catched the pack, i manged to screw a good run by opening the throttle a little too much on already sliding rear; tried to opposite lock my way out of it but overcorrected. Tail snapped the other way and got a huge understeer from weigth transfer overloading the front left.. Collided heavily with the bridgehead and caused another mayhem. Tire puncture and suspension damage and a lots of dents as my car was sideways to incoming traffic..Sorry again, my mistake.. Drove to pits and fixed the damages and waited for the "AFK meter" to throw me in paddock.. Sorru for Ross, you had the punt this time, Peter got away with scratches. It looks nice on replay ;)

I looked at the replay and Chris doesn't have any extra room, he slides off the inside curb and taps gently Jaris car. so 50/50 there.
  10. Nice races, thank you guys!
  11. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

Awesome car/track combo, loved driving every lap tonight.
    Snuck in a good lap in qualie, however Jari was unfortunate not to get a lap in after we traded lap times during praccy. I got my customary average start, so was looking at Chris's rear bumper into turn 1- and for the majority of the race. Had an epic battle with him, but there isn't really many overtaking places on this track with these cars, so any time i had a good run, Chris could defend the corner. My only hope was to slipstream down the long straight and try to put him under some pressure into the turn 1/2/3 complex, and after several attempts i was able to hang it around the outside of 1, the inside of 2, and the outside of 3 to take the lead. Due to his tyre problems, i was able to build a gap to the finish. Fantastic driving Chris- a nice, clean, fair battle there. (i feel a vid will have to be made!)

Race 2 was a bit crazy. Started last and tried to avoid the incidents ahead, (Jari again unlucky to get caught the wrong side of the barrier) but eventually got tangled up with Kenneth's flying car. (i went under it as it was 20m in the air, but still managed to collide!) Had to really try hard to catch everyone ahead, but now there was only 3 guys in the race. Robert made a mistake and let me through, while i tried a similar move with Peter as the one in race 1 with Chris, but Peter unluckily touched my rear slightly and spun at the tricky turn 3. Kept the pedal to the metal for the remaining laps, congrats to the finishers!

Thanks Yves/Chris for setting this up/admin work, well done Peter, Robert, Chris & Jari for podiums, and cheers Chris for the race fun. Looking forward to seeing next week's track choice now!
  12. Was please with qualifying. And did some good laps in the warmup. Was looking forward to Race 1 but....

Race 1 ended for me early on, when there was an incident between 2 people in turn 1. I tried my best to avoid them but ended up hitting one and spinning off. My car was then damaged, but it wasn't worth pitting. My laps were 2-3 seconds off my normal pace because of the damage. I couldn't catch anyone. And Kennet started to catch towards the end. He seemed to have more speed on the straight but I managed to defend.

Race 2 was a strange one. I had a bad start but managed to gain the places back. I was in 2nd when the chap in 1st span out. Not longer after there was only 3 of us in the race. Peter caught me up and so did Ross. We had a few laps with each other, unfortunately Peter span and Ross sailed off. The rest was a little boring due to lack of cars.

Still enjoyed it though, there were some good moments.
  13. Race 1: After everything cleared up, I was 4th chasing Erce. Got closer by tenths lap by lap, but I noticed Jari getting closer behind me too. When he reached me he started to attack everywhere, and I decided not to be too hard on defending or I might lose Erce too. So Jari passed me and I was following them. They collided at some point and I could pass them both. Jari once again closed up, and while I thought what to do and watched what he does I missed the apex at the uphill right hander, and touched the wall. He could pass me without a problem. From then I was 4th.

Race 2: After all the crashes ahead me I found myself in P2 chasing Robert and nobody behind me! I got excited, "WOW I have a chance to win in this race?". I managed to get close, but couldn't pass until Ross closed up as well! I managed to get a bit of lead but not much and Ross arrived very soon! I knew I was good in 1st corner, but turning from the inside line defending Ross could get beside me on the outside, I've tried to stay there hard so I could have the inside line for T3, but it was obviously too much, Ross was much faster and I made a mistake and touched his car. Fortunately he didn't even feel that so I only caused problem for myself:) Robert passed me as well, I was behind more than 8 seconds so I let down a bit and just drove at a comfortable speed. And after the finish I was shocked to see that only 3 of us left! First time I saw something like this at RD.

Anyways, great races, once again thank you all, and of course thanks Yves and RD for the event!
  14. Had fun thx. In qual tested both cars and feeled audi is faster on same setups and after testing no time to make time but so what.
    Maked car stable but damn mistake on wheel lock and car didnt accel. Well that racing incident was 50-60:rolleyes:. That damn fence was not there when i needet:mad:.
  15. Yeah it was a good race!
    First race, I had a contact with Jari... (You passed us) And some suspension problem at right-back. I lost grip at the corner than.
    But no matter:)
    Second race, When I was leader I did a big big mistake... I must have been off throttle at the corner but I push early. And dive to barriers. Suspension broken.. Left the game.
  16. Cheers for the race guys. Not a great quali for me, but gained a couple of places at the start. Found myself on the wrong part of the track later on in the lap and couldn't defend against jari and rob (well I could have closed the door on rob, but it would have been unfair). Nearly got caught up in the t1 tangle, but just managed to avoid the carnage. Peter managed to slip up the inside and I followed him for a bit. Wasn't long before my mirrors were full of jari, tried to hold him off, but got a little out of shape in the 2nd to last turn, which compromised my speed into the last bend alowing jari to sweep down my inside. After that I had a pretty uneventful race finishing in 6th (i think).

Sorry I couldn't make the 2nd race, but I had an early start (4am) so had to call it a night.

Thanks again to all who took part.
  17. When's the next DTM event? Oh, and Ross, from my replay you clearly connect my flying Audi. The wonders of Online gaming..
  18. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

I closed my eyes and hoped for the best there!
  19. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

20. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

Cheers Chris, the feeling is mutual1 Really enjoyed that race, so here's that vid i promised:

The quality isn't great, but i didn't have time to upload the 720p version, just a little taster of the battle we had really.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.