1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

DTM 2010 @ Dijon Prenois - Tuesday August 9th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Chris Butcher, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM DTM
    Required RACE 07 expansions: None
    Class: LMT & T2L DTM 2008-2010 & 2010 DTM Default Setup
    Track: Dijon Prenois (In RACE Series Racing Club track package)
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualification: 19:30 GMT
    Warm-up: 19:40 GMT
    Race: 19:50 GMT (2x20 minutes)
    Password: click here

Download packages

Tracks: Race Series Racing Club Track Package
    Mods: Race Series Racing Club Mod Package Part 1 & Part 2

* due to the daily download limit it will take 2 to 3 days to get all the packages, in order to make it faster you can get the tracks pack and the mod link will seperately posted in each event thread.

Note 1: Text chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session. If you don't agree with something that happened during the race, file a race report with the organiser including a video of the incident.

Note 2: Licensed members are encouraged to share screenshots and videos from the race. We also encourage you to use Teamspeak

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

[signuplist]312[/signuplist]

2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

This is a re-run of last week's event that wasn't put up with much notice so we didn't get many signups. Hopefully we get more this time, it's a good combo :)

3. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Preview video of these cars and this track.

They are a really good combo, let's try get some more sign-ups :)

4. Hey guys! stupid questions.. where to put the default setup? thx

5. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Documents/RACE 07/UserData/CarSetups

I suggest putting them into one track folder that is memorable to you. I tried creating a folder and I couldn't find the folder in game.

6. Reinhard Berger

Reinhard Berger
    Premium Member

hi,

i do have slow internet, so i will download track manual, the DTM mod. i do have already, so i only must download the setup thing.

my question...
    is this dijon grand prix 1.1 by meck2, which i can download in RD download section? or other version?

thanks for answear

i do not know if i can drive this race, see this tomorrow.

7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!

8. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

9. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Nice Combo..

10. I will try and make it as I wont be at my own place racing but by a friends place on his PC, although last time I checked his DTM mod did not function properly but like I said I will try and make it. Will sign in once I have tested. :) Should be an awesome race loved the track with the sunday S2000 Race. :) Now lets see what a RWD car is like on it.

11. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

I was suprised how good they are,,,
    My XD is in overdrive, tyre temps work really well with adjustments on all 4 wheels (yes on all 4 wheels) this is a great mod,
    if you like tinkering with your setups this is paradise .....

12. Can anyone give me a rough lap time that I should be aiming for? And also mention if it's in qually or race setup. Just to see if it's worth joining. I'm not aiming for first, but I'd just like to be competitive and not slow everyone down. It would also be a bit of a downer to be lapped in a 20 minute race. :D

13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

i never worrie about lap times whats important is you can do it over and over again, if you join in the fun you may be able to see how you can go quicker. I expect around 1 min 10 for the fast guys, just had a quick blast 1 mini 13. but killing my tyres...

14. Looks loke a good combo. I got very little experience in DTM, feisty buggers.

15. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

There very stable and forgiving

16. Sorry guys so far looks like I'm out as my friend has a Call of Duty clanny tonight. Sorry See you all again soon on track :)

17. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

anybody having probs with the mirrors, ofline and in my own room all is ok i join the RD server and i loose the real rear view mirrors

maybe another night Keiron....

18. Sorry i had to leave. Got a problem with my internet connection. Practice was ok, but when quali started it was like i was alone on the server. See you next time

19. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

Some great racing there tonight. In race 1 myself, Dino & Jari made a break with Chris closing in after a few laps. Eventually it looked like JAri's tyres were going off, so Dino passed, and then so did I a little later. After homing in on Dino, we battled it out for a few laps before eventually he made a mistake at turn 1 on the penultimate lap and i had a clear track to the finish.

In race 2 i was caught up in other's incidents, but emerged relatively unscathed thankfully. Gained a couple of places due to others' misfortune, and passed Reinhard at turn 1 before being pegged back by Sergio who didn't want to be passed around the outside at turn 1. After eventually breaking clear of him i pulled a gap and set after the 2nd/3rd/4th battle ahead, and was fortunate to pass Kenneth when his tyres cried enough. With only one lap to go, Dino was too far ahead to catch while Jari was cruising unopposed out front.

Congrats Jari/Dino on podiums, thanks to Reinhard, Dino, Kenneth & Jari for some great racing, and thanks to Chris for setting this one up. The DTM mod is one of my favourites, and a fast, flowing circuit like Dijon is ideally suited to them. Great Combo,

Cheers RD.

20. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

Great racing today, I really enjoyed it :)

Mr. 2nd place is back! :rose-dead:

I had a perfect lap in qualifying, I surprised myself with that: 1,09,9xx -> pole

r1: I've gone wide on turn1 just a bit, to reach that slippery piece of track, so i had to back off a bit to avoid sliding off.
    Lost the lead to Jari with that. Later on there were some great fights with Jari and Ross for the positions.
    The tire-whisperer Ross came out victorious on that due to me slipping off a downhill left-hander, because my front-tire became too hot to remain grippy enough.
    I was sliding alot towards the end and also exchanged a position back and forth with Jari to finish 2nd.

r2: A lot of close fights went on with just minor contact, which was very nice. I was driving behind Kennett for a long time and was trying to overtake an a lot of instances. In the end I could pass him for my signature 2nd place^^

-> q: 1st / r1: 2nd / r2: 2nd

Thank you guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.