• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

DSD no matrix boards

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Miguel Gonzalez, May 14, 2017.

1. Miguel Gonzalez

Miguel Gonzalez

Ratings:
    +330
    Does anyone have experience with wiring to these boards? I'm looking into getting one for my handbrake/button box combo but i have some questions on it that arent quite answered in Derek's FAQ. He does mention "Our on/off toggles send a button pulse when activated and then the same button pulse when deactivated. They do not close the circuit and are two distinct pulses of the same button function. " I'm not sure if that means the board itself reads an on/off toggle as one keystroke for on and one for off or if he uses SPST momentary switches for that purpose. I want to make sure i buy the right parts and don't end up having to wait an extra 3 weeks in shipping the right ones. I want to say ive come across switches like that in flight simulator shops and communities but i havent been able to find them again.

2. Ben Cobbé

Ben Cobbé
    Premium

Ratings:
    +13
  3. Miguel Gonzalez

Miguel Gonzalez

Ratings:
    +330
    I have and actually im just realizing i need one of his 12 bit boards for the pressure transducer im planning to wire into it. Does the same software map the 12 bit board functions? And can on/off toggles be configured to a momentary function?

4. Miguel Gonzalez

Miguel Gonzalez

Ratings:
    +330
    I'm in the process of making an ebrake but i want to incorporate button box into the same board so i don't have wasted inputs or an extra peripheral input. I've designed a button box panel i want to use and currently i have 27 push buttons 5 rotary encoders, 6 on/off/on toggles, and 3 on/off switches. Is there a board out there that would accommodate all of those functions or would i need to reduce the number or split the project up? I could stand to lose 4 push buttons and maybe 2 toggles but i would like the rest to stay in tact. Attached is a picture for reference. The bottom right blue circle is a USB port, the top left is a power button for LED's and the blue cover switch is power to the USB port so those aren't tying up inputs at all. I could do away with maybe 1 button off each row on the top right and maybe 1-2 toggles on the bottom but the rotary encoders i want to stay in tact. I need a board that i can wire in the pressure transducer, 5 rotary encoders and the push buttons/toggles. Would the DSD 12 bit board work or would i need something bigger?
    bbox.png