DSD no matrix boards

Does anyone have experience with wiring to these boards? I'm looking into getting one for my handbrake/button box combo but i have some questions on it that arent quite answered in Derek's FAQ. He does mention "Our on/off toggles send a button pulse when activated and then the same button pulse when deactivated. They do not close the circuit and are two distinct pulses of the same button function. " I'm not sure if that means the board itself reads an on/off toggle as one keystroke for on and one for off or if he uses SPST momentary switches for that purpose. I want to make sure i buy the right parts and don't end up having to wait an extra 3 weeks in shipping the right ones. I want to say ive come across switches like that in flight simulator shops and communities but i havent been able to find them again.

I have and actually im just realizing i need one of his 12 bit boards for the pressure transducer im planning to wire into it. Does the same software map the 12 bit board functions? And can on/off toggles be configured to a momentary function?

Upvote 0
I'm in the process of making an ebrake but i want to incorporate button box into the same board so i don't have wasted inputs or an extra peripheral input. I've designed a button box panel i want to use and currently i have 27 push buttons 5 rotary encoders, 6 on/off/on toggles, and 3 on/off switches. Is there a board out there that would accommodate all of those functions or would i need to reduce the number or split the project up? I could stand to lose 4 push buttons and maybe 2 toggles but i would like the rest to stay in tact. Attached is a picture for reference. The bottom right blue circle is a USB port, the top left is a power button for LED's and the blue cover switch is power to the USB port so those aren't tying up inputs at all. I could do away with maybe 1 button off each row on the top right and maybe 1-2 toggles on the bottom but the rotary encoders i want to stay in tact. I need a board that i can wire in the pressure transducer, 5 rotary encoders and the push buttons/toggles. Would the DSD 12 bit board work or would i need something bigger?
bbox.png

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%