DS-FX Graphics mod: PP Filters, Weathers & Reshade, with Indirect Lighting and Ambient Occusion!

Misc DS-FX Graphics mod: PP Filters, Weathers & Reshade, with Indirect Lighting and Ambient Occusion! 9.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ok thanks.

And I would just like to ask why is the game then so laggy. When I apply the mod to the game is quite laggy. My PC is not something outrageously good but it is still normal if I am not using the mod.

But great mod. Keep it up.

MXAO has always been known to be very heavy and uses a lot of resources. But I think the configuration can be optimised even more to achieve at least 60FPS with a GTX 1080. Right now with the mod I'm getting 45FPS at most.

MXAO has always been known to be very heavy and uses a lot of resources. But I think the configuration can be optimised even more to achieve at least 60FPS with a GTX 1080. Right now with the mod I'm getting 45FPS at most.
I have 60 fps on GTX 1060... Maybe don't max everything else, for example put reflections resolution to medium, which on high is even too sharp to be realistic.

I had reflection on lowest as you suggested on the other post. Perhaps playing on 2K is a factor as well. Or maybe the setting didn't go as well since I just started using Content Manager now. I'm sure I'm missing something before. I'll try it again later today and see how it goes.

I think I can see now why I'm getting such FPS drop. I have reflection on lowest yet I'm still getting 45FPS. You seem to use two of the MXAO shader to get it to work. (I tried applying one on my own, looks like it happened just like another game I played before where the shader can't detect the buffer or something, debugging shows empty detection.)

Have you tried any of the inversion settings or something in the preprocessor definitions? Maybe that could fix the problem. I should try it myself I guess.

Or what was it that I'm missing from your settings, because even after copy pasting your MXAO stuff, I still can't get it to work. :laugh:

Piereligio updated DS-FX Graphics mod: PP Filters & Weathers & Reshade (Indirect Lighting and AO!) with a new update entry:

Many improvements on the presets

-Added an effect called AmbientLight. It improves visuals very much by creating a sort of subtle glare effect on all the image.
-Edited all presets (improved lighting in general), in particular the internal camera preset, which now is also a bit less heavy on GPU.
-Edited slightly clear and mid clear weathers.

U15017183241371019_1.png

U15017183241371019_3.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

As soon as I read thing like "heavy on GPU" and "Oh, obviously it has a FPS cost" I close it.
I close Firefox also, just in case...
And restart my pc. :D

Nice mod! Only problem is that I'm NOT going to give up my anti aliasing for ReShade depth buffer access. Also, you market it as the "BEST" graphics mod. What if it isn't? :O (intense music starts playing)

Nice mod! Only problem is that I'm NOT going to give up my anti aliasing for ReShade depth buffer access. Also, you market it as the "BEST" graphics mod. What if it isn't? :O (intense music starts playing)
Ahah, the ending of the post killed me. :p
What I meant for "best" was because of indirect lighting and ambient occlusion, features that no other graphics mod provides. I've put a softening filter inside my ReShade preset, by the way.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%