DS-FX Graphics mod: PP Filters, Weathers & Reshade, with Indirect Lighting and Ambient Occusion!

Misc DS-FX Graphics mod: PP Filters, Weathers & Reshade, with Indirect Lighting and Ambient Occusion! 9.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
First of all:
Do not misinterpret my review of version 7: I was not putting down your work or comparing the work of another colleague.
His visual mod is the best of all who have appeared.

That's why I think it deserves to be complete, with full integration with Content Manager and decent clouds (the standard clouds of AC are ridiculous ...).
Are you thinking about it? Do you want help?

The changes you made in version 8 go beyond the inclusion of bloom?
I noticed the image slightly less contrasted.
And that's what impresses me the most on your Mod: You get as much picture definition as if you were using the post-effect Sweet-FX.

A hug and thanks again!

First of all:
Do not misinterpret my review of version 7: I was not putting down your work or comparing the work of another colleague.
His visual mod is the best of all who have appeared.

That's why I think it deserves to be complete, with full integration with Content Manager and decent clouds (the standard clouds of AC are ridiculous ...).
Are you thinking about it? Do you want help?

The changes you made in version 8 go beyond the inclusion of bloom?
I noticed the image slightly less contrasted.
And that's what impresses me the most on your Mod: You get as much picture definition as if you were using the post-effect Sweet-FX.

A hug and thanks again!

Hi. In version 8, because of enabling bloom everywhere, I had to rebalance a ton of stuff, and that's why the final result has surely varied. I agree about clouds, but I don't know how to get some cool textures for them. Can you help me?

P.S: I think the definition is better because I totally disabled chromatic aberration on the eye filter. Camera filter looks a bit less sharp in fact.

Adding ReShade :)
Y14956451361793383_1.png

Y14956451361793383_2.png

Y14956451361793383_3.png

Piereligio updated DS-FX Graphics mod: PP Filters & Weathers & Reshade (Indirect Lighting and AO!) with a new update entry:

HUGE UPDATE! Uninstall v8 first!

What can I say. Basically I've redone everything, because of ReShade addition. Oh, obviously it has a FPS cost.
I've GTX1060 and it's pretty fine to run 60fps, but if you don't have powerful graphics, just stay on v8.
To update to v9, instead, uninstall the current DS-FX and read the new instructions of usage and installation from the mod info, or from the readme in the rar file. :D

Read the rest of this update entry...

I did put the content file based on your instructions and your pp filter but now where do i put the rest of the files?.

EDIT: Do i need to download reshade itself before i put your mod?

Last edited:
You simply have to put all the rar content. Reshade is in the rar already
The mod is good and the details are very nice but for me the fps drop is too great.

Before i tell you my specs, my graphics settings are on ultra except the world detail and shadow resolution which are on high.

I'm using the LG 29UM69G-B ultrawide monitor with a resolution of 2560x1080. My GPU is the Gigabyte AMD RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming and my CPU is the Intel Xeon X5660 clocked at 4.1 GHz.

Based on these 2 i get 35-45 FPS with your reshade activated. Without your reshade, i put the depth of field on ultra and the motion blur with a value of 10 which allow me to play at 75-85 FPS.

For now i'm staying without reshade.

The mod is good and the details are very nice but for me the fps drop is too great.

Before i tell you my specs, my graphics settings are on ultra except the world detail and shadow resolution which are on high.

I'm using the LG 29UM69G-B ultrawide monitor with a resolution of 2560x1080. My GPU is the Gigabyte AMD RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming and my CPU is the Intel Xeon X5660 clocked at 4.1 GHz.

Based on these 2 i get 35-45 FPS with your reshade activated. Without your reshade, i put the depth of field on ultra and the motion blur with a value of 10 which allow me to play at 75-85 FPS.

For now i'm staying without reshade.

I'd just take down the reflections resolution. Max one is too sharp, looks even irreal. I use it at low or medium, shadows at full, world details full. I'm on Nvidia 1060 6GB, i always am at 60+ FPS, but I've a full HD monitor.

20170717000635_1.jpg

There is a problem, however when using your mod. I've disable ReShade and this still happen.

Track: Nsuka Inner Loop
Car: Any cars

What happened was I was supposed to go downhill and there was a direct sunlight to the driver's eyes/the camera and this happened. I know that it's custom track, however I think this still shouldn't happen because the default settings and other mods didn't do this as well.

20170717000635_1.jpg

There is a problem, however when using your mod. I've disable ReShade and this still happen.

Track: Nsuka Inner Loop
Car: Any cars

What happened was I was supposed to go downhill and there was a direct sunlight to the driver's eyes/the camera and this happened. I know that it's custom track, however I think this still shouldn't happen because the default settings and other mods didn't do this as well.
That's super strange. However I test on Kunos tracks, I tested direct sunlight too and this didn't happen.. :/

Ok thanks.

And I would just like to ask why is the game then so laggy. When I apply the mod to the game is quite laggy. My PC is not something outrageously good but it is still normal if I am not using the mod.

But great mod. Keep it up.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • < 5 years