F1 2011 DRS location map or guide?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm really, *really* sorry if this has been asked/answered yet, but is there a DRS gap and activation line map or guide available? Some of the tracks are obvious, however other tracks I'm finding it hard to figure out. Sometimes the action is so frantic I can't look down to see if DRS is available to me and it would certainly help to know where the the gap measurement line and activation lines are for each of the tracks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

Did codies use the actual zones for tracks later in the season? Hell, I didn't even think the FIA knew until short while before the weekend where they'd be located. I mean, for all the accuracy this game has, they still allow DRS thru Eau Rouge and the Monaco tunnel,(not to mention the missing "double DRS" zones) so I wasn't sure if they just picked the most likely spots on each track.

Just google DRS zone for specific track and you'll find all you need about it. :)

You use it straight and you do not need to disable it if you brake before a curve.
-if you want to spend a deceleration curve, disable it manually.
-or control slides against the shining
best way for understand:watch vettel at suzuka,

Did codies use the actual zones for tracks later in the season? Hell, I didn't even think the FIA knew until short while before the weekend where they'd be located. I mean, for all the accuracy this game has, they still allow DRS thru Eau Rouge and the Monaco tunnel,(not to mention the missing "double DRS" zones) so I wasn't sure if they just picked the most likely spots on each track.

This, at Singapore the DRS section is on the start/finish line.

Right, in TV...
But F1 2011 is a game so you can use it anyway when you think you can go more faster!
At Monaco, you can use it like 5 or 6 times quickly, not in real race sure...
DRS is same...in reality you use it after heavy braking to boost or to counter attack or attack.
In this game you do it also to improve your top speed original.

DRS can only be used at any time in practice and qualifying. In the race it can only be used as per the detection and activation zones. KERS on the other hand can be used anywhere as long as you have some left to use.. think it's a maximum of about 7 seconds a lap.

LOL, thanks guys, but I know how to use DRS and KERS and I watch every session I can each race weekend. I'm specifically trying to figure out if Codemasters used real-life DRS detection and enable zones, (in the race, not the free use in quals and practice) or if due to programming the game in the middle of a season , they took their best guess at where the DRS locations would be for races that we're taking part after their development cut-off point.

DRS spot in races only, that's what I'm lookin for, lol.

DRS spot in races only, that's what I'm lookin for, lol.

I noticed how people misunderstood that/got off topic haha

but as far as I know there's not a compiled list of circuit maps with DRS zones yet (because it's new and I think some things are still up in the air), so you'll have to google each individual track

I googled "DRS zone map" and it looks like formula1news.com has several of them detailed so there's a good place to start

If im not mistaking the DRS zones in the game and the DRS zones in real life are not the same example, the DRS in the 2011 season of F1 at Monaco was in the tunnel, in the game the DRS zone was at the start stop finish line...if I am wrong please correct me... But it is kinda hard for Codemaster to place accurate DRS zone in the 2011 F1 game when the season it self (first year using DRS) is not complete yet.

If im not mistaking the DRS zones in the game and the DRS zones in real life are not the same example, the DRS in the 2011 season of F1 at Monaco was in the tunnel, in the game the DRS zone was at the start stop finish line...

In real life the DRS zone was supposed to be in the tunnel, but the drivers complained that it was too dangerous, so the officials moved it to the start/finish straight. So the game has it correct.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back