F1 2012 DRS Auto-Shutoff (Bug?)

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I've been practicing at Monza recently in Career mode, and my DRS shuts off after I push the button to activate it. IT can happen instantly of after 10 seconds, but it just randomly cuts off. There's no damage to the car, either. I'm running Lotus F1 and it's practice, so it should be working. I'm not hitting the brake, so I have no clue what could be happening.

which is exactly why you should try a different button.

just try to re-assigning to a different button. if the bug stops, then you have recently damaged a button.

if it still happens, then I'm wrong with my suspicion.

ok, then I was wrong. :p

isolate the game controller. try using a keyboard or gamepad. If it stops happening, it's caused by your wheel.

if so, check your momo racing pedals. check your wheel properties. see if your brake pedal is spiking even when you have your foot off.

My old momo racing had this problem. the brakes kept spiking between 1% to 5% even with my foot off. The spring was no longer returning in full and the pot was worn.

That makes sense. My old brake pedal at one point stopped returning fully to neutral position, and you could even see it in the calibration panel. I had to increase the deadzone in every game, so that they didn't think I was braking all the time.

You guys... Are amazing! :thumbsup:
I cleaned my pots and got rid of some of the excess grease, did the plumber's tape mod, and now my brakes aren't spiking, so the DRS works perfectly again. I was going to do this one day, and that day came. Thanks to all of you. And my accelerator won't lag anymore, either, so that's another plus. :D

You guys... Are amazing! :thumbsup:
I cleaned my pots and got rid of some of the excess grease, did the plumber's tape mod, and now my brakes aren't spiking, so the DRS works perfectly again. I was going to do this one day, and that day came. Thanks to all of you. And my accelerator won't lag anymore, either, so that's another plus. :D

great! glad it all fixed now. :thumbsup:

I have problems with my g25 too.The drs keeps closing.What thing should i use for cleaning pedals?Alcohol or some kind of spray?I'm scared that i mess something in it and it won't work:(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.3%