rF2 DRM Revival @ Zolder 1979 - Wednesday June 22th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
pz15Y.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPT.COM DRM
Mod:
DRM Revival 1.1 (For those who have v1.0 you can patch to v1.1 HERE)
Track:
Zolder 1979

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warm-up
19:45 GMT: Race (1 Hour, Formation Lap + Rolling Start) (Read Note 3 for details)

Server password:
click here
Racing rules:
click here

Notes:

We recommend you read the manual beforehand which gives details about how to set up the game and the cars within the mod. English Manual German Manual

Do not over-rev the engine, particularly when in 1st gear, as this can easily lead to a blown engine.

This race will be a manual formation lap with a rolling start. This means that once the light goes green the leader gradually speeds up to around 120 km/h (75mph) and drives in this pace towards the last corner. All other cars follow in one line with the same speed. No brake test, no swaying. If you spin your car you drop back to last position and start from there. When exiting the last corner the leader can go full throttle and the rest of the pack follows. No overtaking before the start/finish line. The formation lap will count as part of the 1 hour race.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below!

[signuplist]109[/signuplist]

was so looking forward to this race

sry had a brain freeze at the start,and drove off,lol

also sry to who ever i drifted wide onto in the first corner

love that bmw

thanks all

My first race here, and I enjoyed too much.

My apologies to Mike McGeer because I made him spin after a slight bump at his rear, and also to William Crudup because I made him go off the track after I hit the outside curb and my car slid to his side.

After that, a quiet race for me, not too much traffic ... and when I was 6th somebody rang the doorbell, so I had to exit.

Thanks, and sorry to Mike and William.

NOOOOO!!! From a certain 5th and with 4 min to go, i outbraked myself and stuck it in the barrier at t1, ripping the wheel off it. Did much better than i expected, whether i lucked into positions or not, i don't know. I couple went off in front of me, i know that much. Spun a couple of times, followed a few people wide but was generally clean and 'steady'. Enjoyed it immensely for a first time out here, hope to do it again.

First off, some really nice guys driving here, the slower guys got outta the way well, I had some great clean racing and it was great fun :)
I was running 3rd for quite a while, had a fight with Butchie, then pitted only to get no fuel???? :O
Had to pit a second time and I was down to ninth :(

Made a big push and managed 5th, not too bad and great fun

I was scrapping at the end of the race with a BMW, I took him on the hair pin on the inside, we did touch but i didnt think it was hard, when I looked back, no sign of him?? :( If I knocked you off track I'm really sorry, I always wait if I think I was at fault appologies.

Other than that great stuff and the new damage setting seems pretty good :)

Thanks RD and Ado :p

Glad to have my ADSL back, missed a few races in the past week.
Was a great evenings entertainment did not expect to finish top 10 but due to casualities and being consistent i manageged to finish. Was lapped more than once by the leaders, tried to be fair for there race. Yes i was bumped in the beginning i think Luis accepted full responsibility.
Adam great job thanks for the setup used it.
Thank RD

That's a new one, never been called that before :tongue:

Great night of racing tonight :)

Quali: Got a good lap in at the end to take 2nd.

Race: Chased Anders hard for the first lap and then Chris looked Racey behind so when he made his overtaking manoeuvre, I didn't fight him too hard. I made a few mistakes in the following laps which dropped me 5 seconds back before Chris went off so I was back up to 2nd. Held the gap to Anders to less than 10 seconds whilst pulling away from those behind. Made my pitstop just after halfway and was now 50 seconds behind Anders but still in 2nd and a little way clear of 3rd. From there I just kept the pace up but Anders could still slowly pull away apart from a little period where I started catching. Towards the end, I noticed Jeff, who was in third, just ahead so I pushed to try and catch and lap him before the end of the race. He went of in the turn 5 chicane and I hit the brakes to avoid but I gave him a slight tap as he stopped on the circuit. Car was fine and I was able to complete the last couple of laps to take 2nd place :)

Thanks for racing :)

Good race, I drove like a pudding but somehow managed a podium finish

Wasnt prepared for this one, arrived at the race without the track installed :) so had no setup and wasnt too familiar with the track although I have ran here before.

Managed 5th in quali which I was happy with given the lack of practise.

Got away well on the rolling start only to plow into Wayne after he and Butchie touched leaving me dead last with it all to do. Enjoyed coming back through the pack but made far too many mistakes in the process. Seemed myself and Will wanted to do synchronised spinning on the same corner 2 laps running.

Got hooked up with Polat for a good few laps and had a great battle with him in the sister car. Some of it was a bit too aggressive for my liking in places but it was generally clean and fair and I was guilty of it a little too so thumbs up. Managed to go without pitting to round out the top 3 all be it a lap down. Need to prepare better next time.

Gratz to Anders on the win and thx RD and Adam for organising.

A Note on the track, excellent job whoever done it, really high quality, even has small marbles on the outside of some of the bends which I hadnt noticed until watching some of the replay. :D

This is a great mod and a great track, although having installed both and not completed a single lap until I got to the server 10 mins before official praccy, I was not expecting very much at all. No setup, months n months since I even fired rF up had forgotten all the button mappings, had trouble working... well everything out really. Anyway I managed to finish 9th, last of the finishers and two laps down on 8th, so no amazing drive, quite a lonely race apart from the leaders, well ok... everyone did keep lapping me!

Don't think I got in anyones way as I tried really hard to stay out of the way, almost had a moment with an Orange Capri when I slowed down and moved over to the right to make way for him to go on my left only to find he was going right! Thankfully I noticed in time and gave him room and he got through.... Phew would have been gutted to end someones race like that.

Anyway a good event, thanks all who came, and thanks RD and Admin for setting this up.

Awesome racing had a real dingdong battle with Chris in the beginning. He managed to get by a couple of times but my little Bemmer is good on the brakes so i fought back. Sadly he went off and i had a gap back to Adam that stayed around 9 sec until he pitted. From there on i keept it on th black stuff and got a victory :)

Thx all who raced and Adam,RD for event

almost had a moment with an Orange Capri when I slowed down and moved over to the right to make way for him to go on my left only to find he was going right! Thankfully I noticed in time and gave him room and he got through.... Phew would have been gutted to end someones race like that.

Ye, I ran slightly wide through the fast right and then noticed you slowing down. I hit the brakes and had to keep to the right else I would of collected you. We got through it without any damage though :)

I was scrapping at the end of the race with a BMW, I took him on the hair pin on the inside, we did touch but i didnt think it was hard, when I looked back, no sign of him?? :( If I knocked you off track I'm really sorry, I always wait if I think I was at fault appologies.

was me, it was fine, no damage. Had enough trouble staying out of my own way for the most part. I disappeared because a lap later i blew it into t1. Wasn't bad for no practice with either car or track and using a controller in single digit temps

Ye, I ran slightly wide through the fast right and then noticed you slowing down. I hit the brakes and had to keep to the right else I would of collected you. We got through it without any damage though :)

Phew x 1000 - didn't realise it was you, taking a fellow RD Member out would've been bad, taking RD Staff and the Guy who put the Event together out would have been outright embarrassing!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%