rF2 DRM Revival @ Salzburgring - Wednesday July 6th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
pz15Y.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPT.COM DRM
Mod:
DRM Revival 1.1 (For those who have v1.0 you can patch to v1.1 HERE)
Track:
Salzburgring
19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warm-up
19:45 GMT: Race (1 Hour, Formation Lap + Rolling Start) (Read Note 3 for details)

Server password:
click here
Racing rules:
click here

Notes:

We recommend you read the manual beforehand which gives details about how to set up the game and the cars within the mod. English Manual German Manual

Do not over-rev the engine, particularly when in 1st gear, as this can easily lead to a blown engine.

This race will be a manual formation lap with a rolling start. This means that once the light goes green the leader gradually speeds up to around 120 km/h (75mph) and drives in this pace towards the last corner. All other cars follow in one line with the same speed. No brake test, no swaying. If you spin your car you drop back to last position and start from there. When exiting the last corner the leader can go full throttle and the rest of the pack follows. No overtaking before the start/finish line. The formation lap will count as part of the 1 hour race.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
Signup List
To signup simply press the button below!

[signuplist]180[/signuplist]

FAIL
Q: FAIL
R: FAIL
All in all, FAIL

OK I'll do it properly.
Q: PB, 13th.
R: Almost started racing on the formation lap, didn't realise it was a manual one controlled by Wayne and not an SC. Slowed myself down.
Start of the race, I wasn't watching my braking point and I knocked Mike McGeer off the track at the chicane, but I slowed up and let him through. Then he had an off with someone else and I slipped through. I enjoyed trying to keep him behind for a few laps, but then the car started to understeer for no reason whatsoever. He then tapped me at the right-hand hairpin before the back straight, and it sent him around. I slowed up and let him through. Next lap on the straight, the car veered onto the grass, again for no reason, and I lost traction (in 5th gear). The car refused to get going again (no power at the low revs). So I finally got it facing the right direction, and put it into neutral. Just as I was about to engage the launch control, THE EFFING ENGINE BLEW UP.
Miserable end to an overall miserable day. On the plus side, the BMW M1 turbo is fun to drive.

Can't believe that :(

Q was 3rd, 2 tenths off the lead. I think I could have been quickest but didn't manage to get a clean lap together.

Race - Overtook Adam down the back straight, then into the lead when Wayne went wide.

Was leading most of the time from there. Had a scary moment when I wasn't too sure what a backmarker was doing and I had to take to the escape road, briefly losing the lead. I quickly got past Toby again. Me and Toby were being fairly agressive at the first chicane and kept touching each other, but no biggy no major harm done. Then Toby overcooks it on the brakes and enters T1 backwards :p At the end of the lap he pitted. I knew he was trying the undercut so I was pushing hard. I lapped him as he went off the track, but coming out of the last turn, I shifted into 3rd and the engine blew :( Gutted as the race looked like it was mine :(

Oh well, next time :D

Thanks Kyle i enjoyed the ride as a passenger thru the chicane, i was pusing hard after that to get track position back, Sorry i thought that on the corner you where next to me and i was trying to pass,However did enjoy the battle. Eventually my Engine also blew due to a off and as a result of applying to much Right foot, did attempt to pit but could not make it.
Thanks RD and Adam once again.

Had a scary moment when I wasn't too sure what a backmarker was doing and I had to take to the escape road said:
Sorry Chris i think it was me i was trying to get out of your way and at the same time not go off in the process.

So near and yet....

A 'puter lock up, cut my race short. Ah well, thems the breaks. Grats to the winner and podium finishers.

Great race gents, catch you whenever.

Great night of racing. Wanted to take the Lancia. But was going to be very close with fuel. And i didnt wanted to short shift.
Almost took the Porsche. Was fastest with it but was abit unstable in some corners. So went safe with the Capri. Decided not to do Q and start from the back. Great first half hour. Alot of battles with many cars. And just before the pitstop i was up to 5th. Pitted for 75 l and rear tyres and came back at 8th place. Second stint was abit more boring. But was more a tactical race stint with the many strategies going one. Finally made it to 2nd in the end. Happy with that and great racing on track. Thanks Adam and cya next week. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back