rF2 DRM Revival @ Österreichring 1970 - Wednesday May 25th 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I've got to say switching over to the M1 was the best thing ever to do, a very good car!
Qually not worth mentioning.

Race, i must say that was a very smooth start with the running start manner. I happily joined in 5th slot after the first lap and had some good close races with A. Eggbeer on one occasion and D. Miller i think on some laps, can't remember the name. But then offcourse, here and there i went off. On itself not a big deal but i tend to choose the spots where you also fly over a little hill into the bushes, or over the hill on another part of the track...

Loosing places went fast like this. Pitting on the 30 minute marker, Callan just infront of me. Pitting took long as i decided to fix damage. Second stint was weird, couldn't get the fieling with the car and the from cold to warm going tires. eventually i crashed hard 10 mins in the second stint, loosing the front right.

Went in pit and prayed for one time they would fix it, nothing, they just stood there... Over and out!

Tx.

Well, today's event was everything I expected and then some.

I was thinking about sitting qual out. An hour race on this track, starting position with a formation lap was no real concern. Instead, I just used my race setup and drove around like a practice lap. Enough to get me mid pack, I couldn't be happier.

The race went much better than I had predicted. Going into this I had pedal problems so I had to disable my clutch and pray for my brake. Going into T1 after the formation lap I expected something ugly from the leaders. No clue why, so I just held back a couple car lengths. To my surprise, everyone made it through unscathed. I didn't even notice anyone getting a bit sideways. From this point, I fell in place behind Adam.

I followed Adam a few laps early on. My car had the juice to pass him, I just did not feel the need that early on. So, I followed Adam as he passed a few cars having trouble. After a few laps, I was about to make a pass in T1, but I still felt that would be unnecessary. A few minutes later I got a good run on Adam going into the long straight. I easily got by safely. From this point, Adam just relaxed behind me until a little after the 30min mark when we pit. This is when it all went wrong.

Had I known Adam's crew was going to be very courteous (and quick =]), I would have run another lap or two and pit when he was done. I had enough fuel for 5 more laps. Anyway, I pit and chose to not take any new tires or repair my slight damage. This resulted in a 22 second pit.

I finished the race with no one behind me for another 30ish seconds. I had to concentrate on going easy on my fuel and saving what little was left of my front left tire.

It would have been more fun of a race had the pit incident not occurred. Either way, I will take a 2nd place. I am really looking forward to the next race. Any hints on where it will be?

Very surprised not more people sign up for this, the cars are mucho fun and the track is a briliant one.

Span on lap 2, spent ages trying to get facing the right way and slowly worked my way back through the field to 3rd. Way, way off Toby's pace mind. In retrospect I would have taken the Capri and not changed tyres.

I thought I could make the whole race nonstopping in the Lancia, but had to dash to the pits on the 35th lap. The pit setup said that 100 litres would do 24 laps, but by lap 30 I knew that to be rubbish and my readout was showing 11/2 laps fuel...but who knows. 36 second pit stop for fuel and tyres. probably could have just put a few litres in and left the tyres on. next time will do proper mpg testing in practice.

The Lancia can do 1 hour on a full tank, I still had about 57l left in mine at 30 mins to go, and I'm sure I would have made it non stop had I not crashed. Mind you I was probably going a bit slower then you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back