Driving under wet / changeable conditions

Hey guys,

somehow races under wet or changeable conditions become more and more en vogue. I fear I am a bad driver under these conditions.

Any hints? Especially 'changeable', how to you appear to the race, prepared for wet or dry conditions? How do you change your driving style?

Thanks!

• Hayden Walker

see when you drive into the pits and it comes up (pit in) what button do you press to accept it as i cant work it out then i end up driving into pits and have to go back out again.

any 1 help im a noobie here i just played demo i ordered gtr and race and g25 on way aswell any help guys.

thnks

Hey guys,

somehow races under wet or changeable conditions become more and more en vogue. I fear I am a bad driver under these conditions.

Any hints? Especially 'changeable', how to you appear to the race, prepared for wet or dry conditions? How do you change your driving style?

Thanks!
I wouldn't say i dislike the wet but struggle to get the confidence to push hard. I will also admit that i am far from the most competative.

Changes i make:
Reduce break pressure
Short shift out of corners
Make less agressive shifts when changing/slowing down for corners i.e change down in the lower rev ranges
Increase rear wing - Considerably in extreme conditions

I'm pretty sure there is a lot more to make the car effective in the wet but i'm not that advanced lol

These allways work for me, most would of allready been mentioned.

• Higher Ride Height
  • Softer Springs
  • Higher Preload
  • Less Camber
  • Less Brake Pressure
  • More Steering Lock? (seems to help a bit for me)
I'm normally not that smooth in the wet but really push the car all over but try and get the power down nice and gentle out of the corners.

I have almost never driven in the wet but before Spa i practised a little during wet conditions and it was very fun :) I'm not sure about my wet setup but it was still very much fun. Also practised some fighting in the wet with Hannu which was super fun :)

I hope we get atleast one rain race in NGP before it's over. Preferably Zandvoort or Valenica.

i have a question about the game not sure if u guys know the answer, it maybe one for simbin but here goes: in wet does driving off line give u more grip or not?
cheers guys

Not too sure really - the racing line can dry more than the other bits of the track i think (used to on GTR2) so it may well have different amounts of grip depending if you are on the racing line or not.

i do race off line in wet races, when you get the driving line appearing the telemetry stuff does show a positive effect on tyre temperatures when you stick to the wet stuff. good if you wanna stretch the tyres out a few laps longer.

i have a question about the game not sure if u guys know the answer, it maybe one for simbin but here goes: in wet does driving off line give u more grip or not?
cheers guys

I was wondering that too...I remember GP3 and GP4 and in those sims, having a different line when driving under wet conditions was almost a must...however I'm not sure how this works in Race 07/Evo/GTR 2...

i do race off line in wet races, when you get the driving line appearing the telemetry stuff does show a positive effect on tyre temperatures when you stick to the wet stuff. good if you wanna stretch the tyres out a few laps longer.

But, does the off line driving give more/less or the same grip?
For example, under wet conditions you should sometimes (perhaps all the time...I don't really know) try to stay as much in the middle of the road as you can, because the water will tend to gather up on the sides, because that's were the road is the most "worn down"

I don't know if that made sense to anyone but my disoriented brain :der:

So, summarise.

Under the wet conditions should be done as followed.

1. Shift earlier
2. Increase wing
3. Brake pressure between 60-80% depends on the intensity of the rain.
4. Soften suspension, spring and anti-rollbars.
5. Increase tyre pressure
6. Drive in the best line.
7. Have a full grip.
8. Brake bias more to rear.
9. Avoid carbs.
10. Reduce camber.
11. Brake earlier, accelarate later.
12. Raise the car 0,5 - 1 cm
13. Lower power drift
14. Raise the differential pre-load

Latest News

How long have you been simracing