Driving school ? come at me newbs

Hello everybody,

I'm sure i would already have heard about a driving school if it was an official feature of the game, but I wanted to know the opinion of you guys and your expectations.
Do you think it is likely to be introduced? Could some kind of mod appear?
What would you like in it?

I'm sure I am not the only one who got into sim racing lately, and my experience with online race (iracing) is just too bad to continue competiting without a "proper" training.
Unfortunately, I'm just not that fond of running alone on a track with no specific goal.

So a complete curve/clutch/braking training with different type of cars would be really apreciated.
Moreover my knowledge of car settings is really limited and I'm not sure I would event be able to notice a tire pressure change... That would also be something interesting for newbs imo.

I was thinking of adding it with some kind of DLC so that people that know how to drive won't have to bother with it.

The RBR one was very good , even if you can drive and know how to rally its just a good experience and immerses you into the game.

I agree, my times improved so much after completing the Rally School. I could do things like handbrake turns and stuff already, but there are several things that I didn't know before I finished the school, for example on the medium/fast corners, you can get through much more cleanly (and faster too) by keeping you foot on the brake through the corner but also using the throttle too (at the same time). I assume this is probably something that they do in real rally, hence the Richard Burns had it in the game. It's a pity he left us, and I'm sure that if he hadn't he could've helped create a great sequel...

Reactions: Dux
[...] I'm sure that if he hadn't he could've helped create a great sequel...

no sir, ratings from the press in general was bad (putting a big warning on it - only for enthusiasts) and sales on RBR where suboptimal, warthog was sold to gizmondo, gizmondo went broke, no sequel, ever

so much for mainstream

no sir, ratings from the press in general was bad (putting a big warning on it - only for enthusiasts) and sales on RBR where suboptimal, warthog was sold to gizmondo, gizmondo went broke, no sequel, ever

so much for mainstream

Though the driving school and the product as a whole was incedable the only way RBR could have been a commercial success would have been if it has a ridiculous marketing budget behind it , it came out in 1998-2002 or the developer was prepared for it to grow in an organic way over a long time. ( Hindsight is always 20/20 )

Also despite the presentation and the driving school being excellent if you were not a driver/simracer it still would have been massively intimidating.

There is also the factor that from a generic users perspective the game didn't offer anything over Colin McRae Rally it played awful with a keyboard and was far to late to capture the tale end of the market buzz that came from CMR 1,2 and 3. CMR3 came out in 2002 and I think that was the peek of interest in "rally sim games" , I'm not sure on the market figures but at the time I got the impression that CMR 4 and 5 did far worse in sales and hence why they made the massive changes they did for Dirt and Dirt 2 ( though that could be incidental )

RBR came out in 2004 at a point where I think most end users had moved on from rally and were just looking for something different not the most hard core punishing driving simulator ever made lol

Well, I would like to see a skid pad/test track at least. That may something for modders work on rather than taking up Kunos' time.

Considering they may spend the next 5 years polishing this game. They'll have time for that, which may be a game changer for ppl unfamiliar with sim like I am.
As I said, even a payable DLC would be appreciated..but I agree there are more important things right now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back