Driving Force GT paddle shifters

This is the final product. Made a cut where the paddle meets the back of the wheel so it fits very nicely. The carbon fibre is upholstery (a friend of mine gave me the upholstery). The paddles are mounted on the wheel using double sided tape. I was surprised how well it holds, but had to remove a strip of the upholstery to place the tape directly on the plywood as the tape and the upholstery did not stick after some time.

Commentaries, questions, suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Nice work there! Can i buy a completed set off of you? I do not have time to make myself. I have G27 but also have DFPRO. I would like them for my DFPRO. I was going to sell DFPRO and get a used G25( i have two race setups at home) but my significant other said no to another wheel. Only thing though is I would like outer edge of paddle to be where the inner diameter of wheel is. If you are willing, i will buy it. Thanks Hiroshi

Upvote 0
I had the paddles right at the inner diameter of the steering wheel initially (see first picture of the post). However, the problem that I found while using them is that I didn't have any room for my fingers to grab the wheel as they were always colliding with the paddles. Also the addles seem to not push the buttons if they are pressed either at the upper or lower part of the paddle, but the major function of the which is give a greater area to shift does the job.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years