1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Driving Force GT heat maintenance?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Nelson Ullinskey, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Hello fellow sim-racers, I just finished a club event over at Race 07 and placed my hand on the back part of the wheel only to notice it was very hot. I disassemble my laptop computer every month to clear the dust from the fan, and I wanted to know if I should do the same to my wheel.

Also I think I should mention I have never taken my wheel apart so I do not even know if it has a fan inside. Either way, would it be a good idea to clean a dust that has accumulated within the mount for the wheel?

Thank you for your time! :)

• Love Love x 1
  2. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

I have that wheel and I've never experienced heating in 4 years of use, maybe you should contact support or as you say, clean it yourself but be careful, also I don't think it has a fan either.

3. Dave Fox

Dave Fox
    I get there...eventually.

also make sure you haven't accidentally plugged the wrong power lead into it. (i did) :redface:

4. Arjan Smittenaar

Arjan Smittenaar
    Premium Member

No fan for sure, but no heat problems either as Manuel stated

5. Well, the heating seems to have gone away. Must have been my imagination or something. Either way, thank you all for your help!