Driving Force GT compatible pedals.

Hi, I've got a bit of a predicament here. I ordered a Logitech Driving Force EX for the low, low price of £8 and received a Driving Force GT wheel instead without pedals... which is mostly lucky I suppose.

The only problem is that I can't find pedals for the damn thing anywhere online and my budget is far too low to grab a nice set of CSR Elite's or something similar.

Are there any other pedals that work nicely with the weird proprietary connection? Could I order another £8 wheel and hope they get it right this time and just use the pedals from that?

Thanks!

Weird proprietary connection? It's just three 10k pots connected to a standard DB9 connector. That can hardly be considered weird or proprietary. Certainly beats that off-axis RJ45 Thrustmaster connector, for example.

Upvote 0
Weird proprietary connection? It's just three 10k pots connected to a standard DB9 connector. That can hardly be considered weird or proprietary. Certainly beats that off-axis RJ45 Thrustmaster connector, for example.
Ah sweet, thanks. So would I be able to get away with using any pedals that come with a cheaper wheel as long as the connection's the same?

Upvote 0
Ah sweet, thanks. So would I be able to get away with using any pedals that come with a cheaper wheel as long as the connection's the same?
I guess... As long as the potentiometers are the correct value so you are able to calibrate the pedals (and I'm not sure what the tolerances are, if any, I never tried custom ones), you should at least be able to make an adapter or a custom cable to connect the pedals to the wheel. There's no PCB or anything inside the DFGT pedals, it's literally just the two potentiometers wired to a cable, the electronics for processing the signal is in the "wheelbase" itself. I'd expect the EX pedals to be very similar, possibly even identical to the DFGT ones apart from a different external design since it seems they're also using the DB9 connector (unless it's wired differently - can't find a solid source on EX wiring).

You should technically also be able to use G25/27 pedals or even Thrustmaster pedals with a correct adapter or custom cable, though you obviously wouldn't be able to use clutch with the DFGT as it only supports brake and throttle. Still, you'd get the benefit of better feeling pedals.

Or you could also go the multiple input controllers way and get some pedals that can be connected as a standalone USB device (provided you're on PC) and get some better pedals including a working clutch. But that's obviously a more expensive solution to your problem.

Upvote 0
I guess... As long as the potentiometers are the correct value so you are able to calibrate the pedals (and I'm not sure what the tolerances are, if any, I never tried custom ones), you should at least be able to make an adapter or a custom cable to connect the pedals to the wheel. There's no PCB or anything inside the DFGT pedals, it's literally just the two potentiometers wired to a cable, the electronics for processing the signal is in the "wheelbase" itself. I'd expect the EX pedals to be very similar, possibly even identical to the DFGT ones apart from a different external design since it seems they're also using the DB9 connector (unless it's wired differently - can't find a solid source on EX wiring).

You should technically also be able to use G25/27 pedals or even Thrustmaster pedals with a correct adapter or custom cable, though you obviously wouldn't be able to use clutch with the DFGT as it only supports brake and throttle. Still, you'd get the benefit of better feeling pedals.

Or you could also go the multiple input controllers way and get some pedals that can be connected as a standalone USB device (provided you're on PC) and get some better pedals including a working clutch. But that's obviously a more expensive solution to your problem.

Bit of an update, the DF EX pedals arrived but unfortunately there's no joy to be had when I try it with the DF GT (causes the power to cut off). I'll have a crack at getting it re-wired and get back to you.

*edit*: The DB9 connector is moulded, waiting for a new one to arrive before cracking on.

*edit 2*: Had a crack at it and it no longer cuts out power to the wheel when plugged in! The downside is that only the accelerator works at the moment, I'll have another go later in the week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 81 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.7%