Driving at night is too dark! Help please.

I would like to know how to make driving at night possible (or at least more enjoyable). At the moment if I try to drive at night on any track I find it too dark. I have my headlights on and they are on high beam. I am using an LG OLED as my monitor with my PC connected. Black levels in everything else I play seems to be ok so I don't think it's the TV calibration as such.
I've got CSP 0.1.52 and Sol 1.54+1.6 installed. I have found two setting in the Sol config app - 'Night brightness' and 'Black level compensation'. The first setting, 'Night brightness' helps a little if I max it out to 200%. The second setting 'Black level compensation' also helps but I don't want to use it because it affects the overall black level, including driving during the day.
The way I describe the problem is if you ever driven an older car with poor headlights. You can see but it's a strain. I'd really like to to do some night driving but it's a struggle. I've seen screenshots and videos of Assetto Corsa at night and it always seem quite bright and drivable.

Does anyone have any ideas that might help. I posted a question a while back in regards to brightness calibration of Assetto Corsa so this kind of relates to that.

Thanks,
JoshOz.

Excelent thread,

I was struggling and now I'm just fine tuning!

Thanks @JoshOz!
My pleasure realdealgod. I noticed the message before your post mentions clipping of black levels. I don’t deny this was probably happening but I did try to calibrate my OLED TV and was confident that I had but overall my experience with the OLED TV and then the computer monitor led me to believe it was much easier to get good night time driving when using the computer monitor. The post processing filter plays a huge role as do some other settings.

Hello, thanks to all who comment can solve it.
I don't have SOL installed, just modify Lighting FX, brightness to 200% and headlight wedness to 140%. An image helps to better understand the changes that take place. These modifications do not affect natural daylight.

PS: Don't expect too much on circuits without lights.

1: MT. AKina Night. Default Settings

acs_2022.10.21-00.12_1 (Personalizado).png

2: Nordschleife. Default Settings:

acs_2022.10.21-00.20_1 (Personalizado).png

1: MT. Akina. MOD settings:

mod1 (Personalizado).png

2: Nordschleife. MOD Settings:

mod2 (Personalizado).png

Changes:

Captura.PNG

Thanks ^^

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 30 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 67 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 103 55.7%