1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving Aids usage in PRO

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Robert Cori, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Robert Cori

Robert Cori
    Premium Member

Hi Guys,
    Am considering starting a team in pro, however I want to know is everyone using low brake and traction control as it is allowed or are the fast guys using no aids. Thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The drivers should test it which is faster and decide they use the allowed assists or not.
  3. Hi Robert,

most of the fast guys are using no aids. But there were Top5 Drivers who used the allowed aids and throughout the grid its 50/50 I would say. So dont be afraid of using it for safety first and than when you feel confident with the car, turn it off and get prepared for Ace 2016 :)
    Hope to see you in PRO Division this year.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. If you do use aids then the commentators WILL mock thou. Just kidding but seriously for your own sake dont use aids :inlove:

- Bill Cosby
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

There is another option.
    the aids will numb you to set up and driving errors, but might save you in a race.
    If you are not quite happy to have none then you can for your benefit do ALL practice and set-up with them switched off. Then only in a race switch them (one or both) on as insurance.
    Be aware that tcs can have an adverse effect on tyre wear. It will protect the rears and not the fronts, you can end up with uneven wear and resulting understeer.
    • Like Like x 1