driver/profile statistics gone!

Alen Pecanin

Premium
lol sry wrote wrong the topic text.. I meant statistics

Hey, I was doing this and that around here on the pc, and found an AutoSim Analyzer, but when I selected the right path to get the log/results, it said that there wasnt any raceresults.txt that it could import.

I took a look in the game and went to my profile to watch my statistics, like how much laps I've done overal etc. and you wont believe it, it was zero all the way, on all levels. Pro, Semi Pro, Novice. how come it says 0 ?

so I went to the "log" folder.. my documents/simbin/race07/userdata/log/results.
when I open the raceresults.txt file there it says
LapDistanceTravelled=6262.563477
it this the total lap amount that I've done in the game??

here is the whole upper "thingys" if you need that to find something out and help me.

[Race]
RaceMode=6
Scene=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\Sepang\Sepang.TRK
AIDB=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\Sepang\Sepang.AIW
Race Length=0.100
Track Length=5534.2847
[Slot000]
Driver=alen Pecanin
Vehicle=Audi RS4
Team=Goetz Motorsport
Penalty=0
Laps=2
LapDistanceTravelled=6262.563477
RaceTime=DNF
Reason=0

[Slot001]
Driver=M Ekstroem
Vehicle=Audi RS4
Team=RedBull Team
Penalty=0
Laps=2
LapDistanceTravelled=0.359226
RaceTime=DNF
Reason=0

any idea of whats going on? any1?

thanks in advance

• phel21

The game crashes every time on exit (I get a new minidump every time) with the 1.2.0.1 patch applied, possibly before updating the stats. That may explain why statistics are recorded during a session, but lost on the next start of the sim. I've tried to enable trace, but there's nothing in the log that indicate what the problem might be.

• daRock

Yeah, when the game was released as GTR2, the Profile you had to setup gave you STATISTICS and RECORDS. The stats listed three levels, Simulation, Semi-Pro, and Novice. And the records list was your best time at every track you put in a full lap.

GTR2> PROFILE keeps STATISTICS (Sim,Semi-Pro,Novice) and RECORDS (all best laps, sorted by track and time)

Then Simbin offered us Race07. They seemed to have lost some talent or ability (and that erosion seems to be continuing today) about then. Or maybe they just decided to give less product. It's cheaper to do that.

They changed the STATISTICS list to be Pro, Semi-Pro, Novice for some reason but added Custom as a similar class. But does not bother to keep the Custom counts?? At least they still added your best lap times to the RECORDS list. They quit sorting that list however. Just slapped the last good lap time on the end of the RECORDS unless there was already a time for that car at that track.

Now..... in this last patch effort, they quit updating the RECORDS list and then a little later blanked it and the STATISTICS list. Why they left the links to look at those blank lists is anybody's guess. Maybe they don't know the code doesn't work any more. That's a strong possibility, because good programmers clean up all the loose strings when removing stuff on purpose.

It is disappointing to see good code vanish and go to crap. Especially when it's part of what used to be a very robust game that fortunately still retains the car handling that's the best of the race sims SO FAR.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%