F1 2012 Drive thrus , replays and smoke at rear

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
PC f1 2012
Ok i need advice please.

Firstly, did a practise racer at bahrain. i got a drive thru. every time i tried to drive thru the pits, the guys changed tyres. restarted race and same again.
Q1. anyone know why this is happening and why i can't just "drive thru"? it will lead to DSQ if i can't sort it in the near future :-(

Q2. I have a fanatec csr. i have all the buttons setup to fit the keyboard. however, on the replay screen, the buttons appear to be 1 for slow mo 2 and 3 for rewind and ffwd 4 for camera and 5 for the option to remove the menu bar.

so where in god's name is "play"? lol :-(

Q3. my car seems to constantly smoke after about 2 laps. i change down fairly slowly whilst braking. is it because i'm braking at the same time rather than before downshifts and resulting in more engine braking?

If you can help, i will thank you forever. enjoying the game still.

Q1 - i believe you cross the pit lane exit. You shouldn't do that.
Q2 - dunno
Q3 - stop downshifting like crazy. Do it smoothly and don't overrev your engine.

q1 - i mean that i couldn't take the drive thru - entered and the pit crew would rush out. i did another race and it worked fine - maybe a bug?

q3. i would say my downshifts were controlled. i think perhaps i need more braking before using gears. i tried this and increased speed but....still gettings some smoke. :-(

thanks for trying

q1 - i mean that i couldn't take the drive thru - entered and the pit crew would rush out. i did another race and it worked fine - maybe a bug?

q3. i would say my downshifts were controlled. i think perhaps i need more braking before using gears. i tried this and increased speed but....still gettings some smoke. :-(

thanks for trying
Yeah that's the way to do it. Don't downshift at the moment you lift the throttle, use a bit brake and then start downshifting.

Im starting to think there is a bug. I was doing practice and was going pretty slow. Got smoke 3-4 laps in. But then when i was punishing the car, quick downshifts and did not have any smoke the whole time. Weird.

You are in a mclaren when you car smokes? Apparently there is a cheeky little rumour that its happening to mclarens all the time, no reason for it, it just smokes for the hell of it.
Other cars it happens to when ether your downshifting to fast or you keep the throttle open when you do a flashback

I have found no matter which car i am in after a couple of lps it starts smoking from the rear and sounds like i got a car full of stones or something then after a while i start loosing power as i can't keep the lap times up.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back