• Home of the RD Le Mans Series by Vesaro
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drive-through or pitstop

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by the_sigman, Jan 27, 2013.

1. the_sigman

the_sigman
    Sim racer, F1 news editor... Racing is in my blood Premium

Is there any way of selecting if you want to serve a drive-through penalty or to do a pitstop?

I was doing a race at Montreal and had started on primes. On lap 7 I crashed with Grosjean and then I had to do a drive-through penalty. On lap 8 I went in for the drive-through, and I stopped for a pitstop (which I would do on lap 10). This destroyed my race. Is there any solution?

2. Manolis, i don't think there is a way unfortunately. i think there are some things that force a pit-stop to take priority over a drive-through penalty though. did you have a damaged front wing or something like that?

3. I noticed, that if you have a penalty and go into the pits a few laps before your planned pitstop, then usually you'll do the drive-through. However, if you use the tyre selector before entering the pits (even if you chose the same compound, as planned in the strategy), you're going to do a normal pit stop. I THINK damage to your wing will trigger a pit stop as well.
    Those are just my observations though. I have no idea how that algorythm exactly works.
    It's a shame we can't chose it by ourselves. I'd also like to be able to chose if I want to change my front wing during a pit stop or not. Sometimes you can't even feel the damage, so why waste extra 2-3 seconds in the pits?

4. the_sigman

the_sigman
    Sim racer, F1 news editor... Racing is in my blood Premium

Only the one endplate was damaged

5. i just did a little test in quick race mode, having one damaged endplate does indeed cause the pit crew to change the front wing (but this was without a penalty). so it's most likely that a damaged front wing - even if it's just an endplate - causes a pit-stop to take priority over a drive-through. or else what ENDR said, that choosing to change tyres triggers a pit stop rather than a drive-through.