F1 2012 Drive-through or pitstop

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Is there any way of selecting if you want to serve a drive-through penalty or to do a pitstop?

I was doing a race at Montreal and had started on primes. On lap 7 I crashed with Grosjean and then I had to do a drive-through penalty. On lap 8 I went in for the drive-through, and I stopped for a pitstop (which I would do on lap 10). This destroyed my race. Is there any solution?

I noticed, that if you have a penalty and go into the pits a few laps before your planned pitstop, then usually you'll do the drive-through. However, if you use the tyre selector before entering the pits (even if you chose the same compound, as planned in the strategy), you're going to do a normal pit stop. I THINK damage to your wing will trigger a pit stop as well.
Those are just my observations though. I have no idea how that algorythm exactly works.
It's a shame we can't chose it by ourselves. I'd also like to be able to chose if I want to change my front wing during a pit stop or not. Sometimes you can't even feel the damage, so why waste extra 2-3 seconds in the pits?

Only the one endplate was damaged

i just did a little test in quick race mode, having one damaged endplate does indeed cause the pit crew to change the front wing (but this was without a penalty). so it's most likely that a damaged front wing - even if it's just an endplate - causes a pit-stop to take priority over a drive-through. or else what ENDR said, that choosing to change tyres triggers a pit stop rather than a drive-through.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%