1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drive off cliff, 15 second penalty?

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by MentalTM, Apr 30, 2015.

1. MentalTM

Premium Member

Great game and a very hard game to master however loving it so far. My only gripe would be why on earth when i accidently drive off a cliff for example, its not game over rather than magically back on the track with a 15 second penalty? other than this and the improvements they need to make to wheel feedback, its great
  2. Justin Davis

Justin Davis
    Premium Member

I don't mind that the option for a penalty rather than ending your race is there for offline playing, but I do hope you can disable it for multiplayer...
  3. Well i drove my Mini over a cliff and it was race over. Car un-recoverable due to 85% damage, lol.

Really liking DiRT Rally. Always liked the DiRT games but just seems step up to the next level.
  4. I understeered off at a hairpin somewhere and got a 15 second penalty as I went quite far out, car could have been turned and back on in 5...
  5. jimortality

Premium Member

I got unrecoverable as well when smashing into a rock or 2 lol
  6. When you drive off a cliff and don't wreck your car, you can recover your vehicle.
    But, when you do that and wreck your car, it's race over.
    It's not perfect, but i think it's acceptable.
  7. I had my car unrecoverable by hitting a snow pile at the edge of a hairpin corner at about 5mph (I was only slightly late on the brakes, slowed the car to almost a hault before hitting it). The car bumped up onto the snow pile and then did a slow motion shot saying I'd ruined the car 88%

Some teething issues to iron out I think!