• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

drive off cliff, 15 second penalty?

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by MentalTM, Apr 30, 2015.

1. MentalTM

MentalTM

Ratings:
    +25
    Great game and a very hard game to master however loving it so far. My only gripe would be why on earth when i accidently drive off a cliff for example, its not game over rather than magically back on the track with a 15 second penalty? other than this and the improvements they need to make to wheel feedback, its great

2. Justin Davis

Justin Davis
    Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    I don't mind that the option for a penalty rather than ending your race is there for offline playing, but I do hope you can disable it for multiplayer...

3. Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +519
    Well i drove my Mini over a cliff and it was race over. Car un-recoverable due to 85% damage, lol.

Really liking DiRT Rally. Always liked the DiRT games but just seems step up to the next level.

4. Oreos

Oreos
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    I understeered off at a hairpin somewhere and got a 15 second penalty as I went quite far out, car could have been turned and back on in 5...

5. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +957
    I got unrecoverable as well when smashing into a rock or 2 lol

6. Andre Marques

Andre Marques

Ratings:
    +23
    When you drive off a cliff and don't wreck your car, you can recover your vehicle.
    But, when you do that and wreck your car, it's race over.
    It's not perfect, but i think it's acceptable.

7. Ryan Vickery

Ryan Vickery

Ratings:
    +168
    I had my car unrecoverable by hitting a snow pile at the edge of a hairpin corner at about 5mph (I was only slightly late on the brakes, slowed the car to almost a hault before hitting it). The car bumped up onto the snow pile and then did a slow motion shot saying I'd ruined the car 88%

Some teething issues to iron out I think!