Drift mode!

Default drift setup. It becomes much easier once you heat up your rear tires to 150 degrees Celsius and above. I have logitech G25 and feel most comfortable on 720 degrees setup. Obviously you can drift using 900 degrees even if you have old&slow DFP, but it requires much more effort than it does with faster wheel. For me having to fight against my controller is where the fun ends.

Default drift setup. It becomes much easier once you heat up your rear tires to 150 degrees Celsius and above. I have logitech G25 and feel most comfortable on 720 degrees setup. Obviously you can drift using 900 degrees even if you have old&slow DFP, but it requires much more effort than it does with faster wheel. For me having to fight against my controller is where the fun ends.
I use 540º for driving. That's good too?
Where's default drift setup?

This is scary as heck. I just can´t ever learn to drift it appears. I have done so many attempts but I am one of those that even fails arcade drifting like in Dirt 3 and GT6. I can see myself getting totally stuck on the drift events in the Assetto Corsa event and having nothing to blame but myself lol

This is scary as heck. I just can´t ever learn to drift it appears. I have done so many attempts but I am one of those that even fails arcade drifting like in Dirt 3 and GT6. I can see myself getting totally stuck on the drift events in the Assetto Corsa event and having nothing to blame but myself lol

I feel you brother... I had to turn the game off today (as I was getting really frustrated) after countless not successful attempts at drifting. I cannot seem to understand what I am doing wrong so I can fix it... Will keep trying though :cautious:

Generally I think that if you are learning then less degrees = easier, because you can go lock-to-lock quicker and it helps you make up for slower reaction time.
But as you gain experience, you drive more smoothly and don't need steering to be so fast. Instead you want more precision and you get that with wider angle, like 720-900 degrees.
540 is a good start if you have fairly decent wheel (DFGT or better), if not then I would suggest something closer to 360.

As for drift setup, all you have to do is choose this and obviously disable driving aids like automatic gearbox and traction control:
YY4Jx1K.jpg

I've got G25 and never used aids. Yes, i'm kinda noob, not becaus i'm new in Sim Racing but becaus i've never practice alot. Finally i found the most impressive car game i've ever experienced.

Tks.

Busted link at this point. Still have it around?

Saw a lot of people posting about having problems with drift technique, so was also thinking of doing a tutorial once I get used to AC (just got it today) -- but my drifts ain't looking pretty so far :) Understeer's kicking my butt. Do it up!! Great idea! Probably won't get a kerjillion views, but it'll certainly help people.

Lordy, what I wouldn't do for 20 more degrees of steering angle.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%