Drag Strip issues???

Kimmo Kokkonen

Lord GTR3, His master's voice
Premium
So do you think that AC Drag Strip missing some important Drag Racing options, following information might be the reason but i'm not so sure yet :)

Do not take this too serious, I just wanna let you know this issue because I found that so many sim includes totally the same tracks even if they say that all made using Laser scanning etc stuff. Check Mugello, all versions are totally with the same layout, so many other tracks also.

So, few words about Asetto Corsa, I found a very interesting issue with their Drag Strip as it looks so similar with my 2007 scratch build version, their version is much more detailed but don't let it fool you!

All Similar things I found in one look:

1. similar stadion lights (my idea)
2. similar long track (my idea, I had 1000 m and 4000 m versions just for testing top speed)
3. similar starting lights (not like a real Drag Racing lights but just like lights in my version, pre-stage and stage lights missing http://www.humboldtcountydragway.com/wp/racing-101/)
4. totally similar starting / race system - cars are located at the starting line waiting for the lights to change just like in my version (a very important burn out option missing).

If I can see the track layout from their files (already asked to send files to me) I probally can show you what new ideas I found for modding 2007 when I scratch built my version ;)

Note that AC Drag Strip version includes so many different Drag Strip elements than the real Drag Strip and all those differencies found from my 2007 version so their version is copied from my track no doubt.

A real Drag Strip include burn out area so where's the burn out option from AC version? A real Drag Strip includes also different starting lights and their version includes just the same kind of lights than my version, stage lights totally missing.

So how well they know Drag Racing as they don't know that their version is not even close to real Drag Strip. My version created for GTR2 and burn out missing because the GTR2 sim not support Drag Racing so well and I was forced to create something new...like track layout, it's totally different than anything before I just tested and found the way...rest is history.

This issue is so sad as all us can remember issues with Targa Florio Simbin, NeelJ and TheSky copied my version and my unique solution to make track work in Simbin sims, before my version everybody said that it's impossible as all other modders where tried before me but not solved it, but I did.

No hard feelings, just wanna let you know this, AC is great sim and need skills to drive it fast, I like it very much, it's as difficult as needed to separate Pros from Amateurs...

So atm I'm waiting for Kunos explanation about this issue, they already told me that they never ever heard about my Drag Strip version until today, also they didn't said a single word about other tracks they have, did they really scratch build everything or did they buy all those from other sim houses or track builders that's the question.

Big words, big words but no panic this is just my opinion.

Videos ( I know it does not look exactly the same track but see the solutions mentioned earlier this message, there's all the same solutions and that's not a coinsident no way.

See this video about my original track (poor details I know but see how the race mode working, it's totally similar than AC and my version done 8 years ago 2007 so AC is copy of my track):

AC official version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_7M4mEy_HQ

Cheers!
Keni1

Funny how he first claims that they use HIS MODE!!!! And then he starts putting an argument that the mode is terrible and unfinished. :roflmao:
Nooooo!!! God help me with this guy!!!! U are too smart for me :)
It seems that I said something hurts your feelings, i'm sorry if I did I didn't meant that!

But hey what about this, do you like this?

Now I found new mod for Kunos, this is something Simbin not have :)

NICE PRE-STAGE!!!

GcgWMVV.gif

I have finish reading all this thread and I am a little confused (to say the least).

@Kimmo Kokkonen Are you serious about that initial post? If you do, can you be more explicit about what they rip? I mean.... it was the code involved to do this drag mode or just the 3D of the "track"? If you are so sure about what they rip, why don't you sue them, that is the only legal way to claim what is yours?

If at any point you did realize your claims are absurd but you want to stand up to your point...........let me give you a good advice: go away and remain in silence for a few time. When in silence, grow up, get a life, do something useful for you and your community and try to get some education. And then when the list of "most ridiculous thread in RD" got lost in time you may return as a glorious wizard of Drag racing!

Please stop making you look like a fool or........ continue entertaining us.... I'm ROFL.

Last edited:
WTF.gif

I have finish reading all this thread and I am a little confused (to say the least).

@Kimmo Kokkonen Are you serious about that initial post? ...

Please stop making you look like a fool or........ continue entertaining us.... I'm ROFL.

Kunos will send me decrypted files or decrypt tool so then I can be sure, until that read this and learn something new!

So I challenged Kunos to build real Drag Racing mod, whether it knows how? If they leave the mod as it is so they just can't do any better and promised us way too much.

Ok, the thing is that not AC game engine neither GTR2 game engine include drag racing support and that is something we private modders can't change. Kunos is so big and beautiful so they should be able to solve that issue, I wasn't able to change GTR2's GMotor2 game engine, no way. Kunos should own their game engine so they can do all needed changes if they want but why in the hell they didn't want is the question, they are the biggest and beautiest on this planet but they can't do any better drag strip than one modder, not credible!

So that's why my version not include all drag racing features, those pre-tage ligths or burn outs or full timing support not available, it is impossible to do it to GTR2. But Simbin never fool anybody with that mod, it was just my hobby, free for U, not bad deal then, 8 years ago people were very happy about it.

Hey it was 8 years ago I build my version, yes 8 years ago, things have been changed a lot after that so thats why Kunos drag racing sucks badly. Be realistic, they just made a mistake with that mod. Everything else looks ok but not that mod. You guys made this too big issue, when I read your msgs mainly comes to mind believers...so sad...

Btw 1, If you didn't know who I am so i'm one of the sim modding pioneer so I start modding long time before Simbin or Kunos even founded, we did all Simbin and rFactor add-on tracks and conversions from older sims like Grand Prix Legends and F1C etc, also we did so many scratch build tracks, it was a little bit harder work than modding with BTB nowdays and that's why I have remarkably knowledge about modding, we did almost everything from scratch, trees, images, buildings all track coordinates to the track, with 20-30 different little track tools, with 2D editor and Excel. That's why I know so much about modding. So I have seen almost everything from this genre so don't come to tell me I'm telling stories or lies, I have my own eyes and I can see if my work used no questions. You should respect but no, you are this new generation without any respect? And notice that some of Kunos members may that same people did those early modding, I can remember Luigi Auriemma example...but I can't find his name from the list, he's able to create decrypt tools for AC so he's very close person for Kunos, right?

Btw 2, last evening I was ready to join as a Premium member but I change my mind so only thing you got was against yourself. I will keep my euros.

And try to understand that Kunos maybe yours religion but it's not my religion, AC is just a racing simulator, great one!

And yes I found solution for Targa Florio to Simbin loading problem, about 30 other modders didn't and they tried more than 2 years, they said it's impossible, it wasn't, it took only 1 day to solve that issue and I had track in game, 25 000 files after, I also found solution for Pikes Peak point to point timing, I know almost everything so Kunos must send those track files to me for checking. Only thing I need is decrypt tool or decrypted files, that's not too much asked from my position. I found solutions nobody else didn't, so isn't that a very good reference?

Following is from Kunos:

"DO NOT CONVERT IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE PERMISSION OF THE ORIGINAL MODELER OR DO NOT CONVERT CONTENT FROM OTHER GAMES."

Cheers!
Meme

they didn't convert your model.

ps. think this from a logical/legal perspective. If they allow you to see their encrypted tracks, then they risk their licensed tracks to be leaked to the public.

Ok, next I'll try this way, I need only to see the track layout as a pictures, the base, how is the track looks loaded to editor and also other images about the track without any graphics. It can't be impossible and it can't cause any harm.

Also if they can Laser Scan 20,8 km Nordschleife so how hard is to Laser Scan a real 400 m (+ braking area) drag strip? I also would like to see Laser Scanned Drag Strip as they can do it and it won't cost much more. Note that Drag Strip never so flat as there's always some elevation and bumps.

I think this discussion is done and you got my point, thank you very much!

It can't be impossible and it can't cause any harm.
It's not impossible, but they won't do it, because it CAN cause harm.
Do you think my company lets anyone take a peek at our source code just because someone suspects we might be using HIS code? No, we're not making open source software and neither are Kunos.
Go and ask Apple for iOS source code and then tell us how long it took them to stop laughing.

Ok, next I'll try this way, I need only to see the track layout as a pictures, the base, how is the track looks loaded to editor and also other images about the track without any graphics. It can't be impossible and it can't cause any harm.
You can make these comparisons yourself using the free roam camera in AC.

If you believe Kunos copied your content sue them, that's the only way they'll allow you to view their contents code. That's the bottom line. Just be prepared to pay their solicitor fees on top of your own when you loss the case.

Also if they can Laser Scan 20,8 km Nordschleife so how hard is to Laser Scan a real 400 m (+ braking area) drag strip? I also would like to see Laser Scanned Drag Strip as they can do it and it won't cost much more. Note that Drag Strip never so flat as there's always some elevation and bumps.
Why would they need to laserscan a straight piece of road? It would be a ridiculous waste of money.

I can't see any similarity in yours & their models, can you be more specific about what you think they copied? Your starting area looks like Santa Pod, theirs doesn't, your track has return roads, theirs doesn't... yours has grandstands made of 6 polies each, theirs are fully modeled.
pmEPsEM.jpg

I can't see any similarity in yours & their models, can you be more specific about what you think they copied? Your starting area looks like Santa Pod, theirs doesn't, your track has return roads, theirs doesn't... yours has grandstands made of 6 polies each, theirs are fully modeled.
pmEPsEM.jpg
Thanks for the tips and images? If that's from AC it's ok for me, must check later, your image has so low resolution so it's not usefull but lets see if I can take my own.

My strack's starting area and layuot comes from my head, of course I did some paintings like other tracks, I think that my track paintings looks more like Simbin's Mantorp Drag Strip. My Motopark Raceway also include working Drag strip mode if you did not known.

So see the following image (skyboxi with horizon removed to show the full shape).
motoDrag.jpg

And I can tell you that this solution in that picture is so similar, but it's not pure copy, thats we all can see immediately. But it's not so difficult to copy solution and create a little bit different layout.

But you can also see other thing, the big picture, I believe that I found solution to create track like this including just a few track objects but not a full circle circuit, notice that normally in this kind of sims all tracks are circle circuits but this is just a flat track including a few track objects shaped as a simple square.

Anyway that AC track is not quality they should have included, it's too cheap for AC level.

So I tested Assetto's drag strip with F7 camera. And I realized it had so many things made, but they didn't focus on the complete experience any more. From the image you can see the skid track, a train railroad, a dirt track, a massive asphalted road which goes much beyond the regular drag strip.
So I guess they planned to do the whole package of drag racing mode, but left it out and gave us the core part, which is car vs car on 400m or 1000m.

4tYEChr.jpg

Ok, I may found biggest difference that means that they did not used my track solution no way, they just didn't figured out my solution or maybe they never seen my track even if it looks similar in certain view, maybe they saw the track but never figured out my way too smart solution (Joke). I'm so glad this finally solved out. If you Kunos need help so do not hesitate to ask, i'm here. I still would like to see whole track, it was impossible with free roam as the track is not totally visible from higher location...

See following images, the first one look similar shape than my track's shape, but if you look image 2 so you can see that their track is circular when my track is square. That's why timing not work, it gives you a lap time, my best was 45 secs and that's way too much for 400 meters.

So it seems that my brains are a little bit bigger (i'm so happy now) and you just have to live with that (Joke)! So next we want Laser Scanned fully working Drag Strip...can't wait (Joke)!

1. looks so similar shape from this view (not layout but shape)
1_2015-03-06_00003.jpg

2. But from this view it looks circular as track continues to horizon so I don't think so it's the same solution, only the race mode is same kind etc...who knows, cant see the whole track from the game, thats it, everybody can see that there's similarities but it's not the same track!
2_2015-03-06_00004.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 242 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%