Drag Strip issues???

Kimmo Kokkonen

Lord GTR3, His master's voice
Premium
So do you think that AC Drag Strip missing some important Drag Racing options, following information might be the reason but i'm not so sure yet :)

Do not take this too serious, I just wanna let you know this issue because I found that so many sim includes totally the same tracks even if they say that all made using Laser scanning etc stuff. Check Mugello, all versions are totally with the same layout, so many other tracks also.

So, few words about Asetto Corsa, I found a very interesting issue with their Drag Strip as it looks so similar with my 2007 scratch build version, their version is much more detailed but don't let it fool you!

All Similar things I found in one look:

1. similar stadion lights (my idea)
2. similar long track (my idea, I had 1000 m and 4000 m versions just for testing top speed)
3. similar starting lights (not like a real Drag Racing lights but just like lights in my version, pre-stage and stage lights missing http://www.humboldtcountydragway.com/wp/racing-101/)
4. totally similar starting / race system - cars are located at the starting line waiting for the lights to change just like in my version (a very important burn out option missing).

If I can see the track layout from their files (already asked to send files to me) I probally can show you what new ideas I found for modding 2007 when I scratch built my version ;)

Note that AC Drag Strip version includes so many different Drag Strip elements than the real Drag Strip and all those differencies found from my 2007 version so their version is copied from my track no doubt.

A real Drag Strip include burn out area so where's the burn out option from AC version? A real Drag Strip includes also different starting lights and their version includes just the same kind of lights than my version, stage lights totally missing.

So how well they know Drag Racing as they don't know that their version is not even close to real Drag Strip. My version created for GTR2 and burn out missing because the GTR2 sim not support Drag Racing so well and I was forced to create something new...like track layout, it's totally different than anything before I just tested and found the way...rest is history.

This issue is so sad as all us can remember issues with Targa Florio Simbin, NeelJ and TheSky copied my version and my unique solution to make track work in Simbin sims, before my version everybody said that it's impossible as all other modders where tried before me but not solved it, but I did.

No hard feelings, just wanna let you know this, AC is great sim and need skills to drive it fast, I like it very much, it's as difficult as needed to separate Pros from Amateurs...

So atm I'm waiting for Kunos explanation about this issue, they already told me that they never ever heard about my Drag Strip version until today, also they didn't said a single word about other tracks they have, did they really scratch build everything or did they buy all those from other sim houses or track builders that's the question.

Big words, big words but no panic this is just my opinion.

Videos ( I know it does not look exactly the same track but see the solutions mentioned earlier this message, there's all the same solutions and that's not a coinsident no way.

See this video about my original track (poor details I know but see how the race mode working, it's totally similar than AC and my version done 8 years ago 2007 so AC is copy of my track):

AC official version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_7M4mEy_HQ

Cheers!
Keni1

I drew this when I was 10, this was back in 1998. I think I should atleast have copyright on the long straight.

I drew this in first grade art class, I think you both clearly ripped off my epic drag strip. :O_o: My mom said it was the greatest racing track of all time. :p

image.jpg

(Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence)

Last edited:
Just few more words, found interesting information about AC, sorry if you are not interested but i'm.

http://www.virtualr.net/assetto-corsa-drag-racing-previews

Read it: "While a drift mode has been announced and shown off before, drag racing in Assetto Corsa is something new sim racers can look forward to."

So that was 6 years after my GTR2 Drag Strip was released 2007...Kunos founded 2005 (about year before GTR2 released). So they did not know my track but spend years to build similar solution, how cool is that? This Drag Mod is not add-on but original idea for this sim, something special that other game companys not have and still racing mode is so poor, that is something I can't understand.

So then I said I can't take it anymore this is so cheap business I never seen before...Drag Racing was something special but it was similar?

I'm not the only one, this info added 5 months ago...

http://www.reddit.com/r/assettocors...ssetto_corsa_ever_have_realistic_drag_racing/

the bug list:
--------------

The drag racing portion is a total joke.

-no 60' , 330' ,or 1/8th times

-no dial-ins thus no break outs

-no water box

-can't actually stage

-always a messed up standard tree

-few second delay between 3rd amber and green -can't choose a pro tree

-can't choose .4 or .5

-can't choose cross talk

All resulting in a terrible r/t

Please tell me there are plans to fix this.

---

So this Drag Racing mode included to the commercial Game but it's quality is like amateur work, any modder can do the same??? Please tell me when this mod is ready?

Also do we have to pay more about new features, I thought I already paid for full game?

I'm not the only one, this info added 5 months ago...

http://www.reddit.com/r/assettocors...ssetto_corsa_ever_have_realistic_drag_racing/

the bug list:
--------------

The drag racing portion is a total joke.

-no 60' , 330' ,or 1/8th times

-no dial-ins thus no break outs

-no water box

-can't actually stage

-always a messed up standard tree

-few second delay between 3rd amber and green -can't choose a pro tree

-can't choose .4 or .5

-can't choose cross talk

All resulting in a terrible r/t

Please tell me there are plans to fix this.

---

So this Drag Racing mode included to the commercial Game but it's quality is like amateur work, any modder can do the same??? Please tell me when this mod is ready?

Also do we have to pay more about new features, I thought I already paid for full game?
No you don't have to pay extra for new features.. when was that a thing? Sim racing games sometimes will release new content and you'll have to pay for that, to cover the costs of licensing and development, and then is also revenue to keep fixing and improving the game. DLCs in sim racing games aren't the same as in other traditional games, because here in these games the company uses the money to invest in the improvement of the whole product you already bought.

Oooohh boy... :rolleyes:
So this Drag Racing mode included to the commercial Game but it's quality is like amateur work, any modder can do the same???
Is that a statement or a question?
Drag mode is in a state like that, because they made an initial version of it just to see if and how it works, judged it as "good enough" and moved their focus onto more important stuff (the actual RACING part) but decided to release the mode just so we could have a little bit of fun.
So ultimately it's not finished, because:
Get over it.

If I'm honest, I've had AC about 4 months now and have never been to the drag strip, nor do I ever plan to go. I prefer my races to last more than a few seconds and have at least 3-4 turns involved. I'm surprised they even bothered to include it, "Here's our awesome racing sim featuring very life-like physics with suspension travel, weight transfer, slip angles.............now go drive in a straight line for a few seconds!". :roflmao: No wonder they stole someone else's track design didn't bother putting much effort into it. :rolleyes:

If I'm honest, I've had AC about 4 months now and have never been to the drag strip, nor do I ever plan to go. I prefer my races to last more than a few seconds and have at least 3-4 turns involved. I'm surprised they even bothered to include it, "Here's our awesome racing sim featuring very life-like physics with suspension travel, weight transfer, slip angles.............now go drive in a straight line for a few seconds!". :roflmao: No wonder they stole someone else's track design didn't bother putting much effort into it. :rolleyes:
It is a great training to get away quicker than others when the lights go out :)

It is a great training to get away quicker than others when the lights go out :)

But you can accomplish the same at the beginning of any AI race, with the added benefit of practicing traffic dodging. I realize some people like drag racing (mostly Muricans, I'd guess) but it's just never done anything for me because it's probably 90% equipment and 10% driver and I prefer more of a 50/50 approach. Just my opinion though, I'm certain others would disagree but all opinions are valid. It is nice that Kunos tried to branch out into other forms of motorsport (now if they'd just get some proper rally!).

This is epic people have so great attitude I see :)

And it's not that I need those features so much but why in hell they let people to know that their sim include mod they never done, that crap is nothing and anybodys should not pay anything about it, note that it was the Key mod for AC and as they said so any other sim not include Drag Racing mod so they did very big number for nothing new, that's the point.

I DONT NEED THIS MOD BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF SOME REAL GAME HOUSE COULD HELP KUNOS TO CREATE ONE lol

That's it, I let you know if something new found, I know you really enjoy your great intelligence LOL

Your support for Kunos is endless, keep up!

So yeah, they don't really need anyone's help, they just need to sort other things out and then MAYBE (if there's enough demand for it) they'll get themselves to finishing drag mode.

Sorry to say but they already sold that "finished" Drag Mod out so it is ready but just a little bit crappy, but hey, it looks better than my original version!

Btw, I have this sim its sooo cool!
Look how similar it is :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%