1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downshift protection

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Will Mazeo, Oct 21, 2015.

1. I see AC and now R3E added it too.
    Wonder if Reiza has any plan to allow this in GSC. Would be great especially for GT3 mods. ;)
  2. Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  3. Oh haha. Didn't take my stupid pills this morning. I had the 2 swapped around in my mind for some reason.
  4. xnorb

Premium Member

Well, it's only implemented for cars that actually have it.
    If you mod yourself a GT3 experience, you maybe should also mod in downshift protection? ;)

Don't know about the cars in GSCE if any of those have that in real life?
  5. Why would we need it in this sim? The motors and tranny's are both pretty bullet proof right out of the box. I've never played RRE so I don't know , do they have weak gear boxes I guess? And AC , I just haven't spent much time in that sim so I don't know about that either , but the amount I have driven it , I never had an issue.
  6. Chill. That's just a tool for us to play with. Would be interesting in online leagues, especially to stop people that downshift any car like an F1 just because the "bullet proof " stuff you described ;)
  7. I think it should be added, even though im not the biggest fan of the downshift protection. But, the more of a realistic experience it is, the better for me it is :)
  8. NO NO NO And again NO!

I played R3E yesterday and i hate it.
    you have to adjust drasticly on each circuit because you can't downshift and so you get less stoping effect/power.

And it really makes you slower.

Please Reiza Studios don't listen to these guys ;)
  9. R3E's implementation is bad, i know that, especially the DTM cars... But all iwas saying is if reiza do it it wouldnt be a problem for me, plus they would do it 100x more better.
  10. Right. Small minded people think it can work only in one way.
  11. Dave R

Dave R
    Premium Member

I'm not crazy about the system in AC but haven't had any problems in R3E with the dsp so far. I would like to see reiza add it as well though.
  12. For me, i think R3E's version could use a little tweaking here and there. I haven't played assetto corsa yet, really want to try it though. R3E is the only sim i have played that uses downshift protection, so i can't really say much.