Downshift Protection warning

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
The Downshift Protection thingy is great in AC. I find myself pulling for downshifts early quite bit, so it's something I've learned to work around. What I wasn't expecting was the little warning that's appeared recently.

For those who don't know it, a white triangle appears on the screen, and you get a little beep. The first time it happened to me, I wasn't expecting it and I ended up in the gravel because it made me jump. Does anyone know how to turn the warning and beep off? I'm fine with the DP if it's silent and in the background, just stopping me downshifting too early, but this is just distracting now - especially when it happens while I'm overtaking someone. I almost crashed into someone in the Rookies event last night because of it.

The beep I don't mind because I'm used to it from another sim, but that ridiculous visual warning definitely needs to go. Had exactly the same problem as you last night, almost crashing because I wasn't expecting something to suddenly appear in the centre of my screen.

Is in the video options, view tab."Display downshift protection notification".

assettocorsa/cfg/gameplay.ini

[DOWNSHIFT_PROTECTION_NOTIFICATION]
ACTIVE=1 ; 0 turns it all off, also in UI in general options
TIME_SHOW=2.2 ; 0 turns the image off, keeps the sound
TIME_BLINKING=0.3
So it turns image off and keeps the sound, nice I'll try that now.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 196 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.5%