1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Downloading with Firefox always downloads a "downloads.php" file

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by HV-User 2, Dec 1, 2010.

1. As the title says.This only happens with Firefox tho.I tested and Google Chrome downloads the correct file with filename and extension.

I tested both my daily Firefox 3.6.12 and Firefox 4.0b8pre.
    Both had the same problem.

Any ideas?

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

All work fine here with Firefox. On what page did this happen?

3. Every download in downloads category

4. I'm having the same problem with Firefox and IDM. Managed to exhaust my daily downloads limit trying to find a way around it.

5. Glad im not the only one here.
    Can´t be a coinsidence that the file always has the same name as the end of the address for downloads category.

6. I've had the same issue on another website before also, something to do with Football Manager patches if I remember correctly.... Like with you, I am now able to download what I want/need from here using Chrome, odd to say the least.

7. Bram

Bram

@justin: it seems you are creating second accounts. Not sure if the users above you did the same, but this might be the reason. Our system doesn't allow second accounts to be created on the same ip (also against our forum rules btw)

8. I initially created an account named Dust52, then when I read about the licensing stuff I created a second account in my name not realising that upon application your username would be changed if accepted. When I ran out of download tries I checked the other account to find that it was banned. It wasn't my intention to break any rules, but either way I doubt that has anything to do with the downloads issue.

9. Yes i did the same at first.The account name is HV-User 1

Can some mod remove the mentioned account?

10. Bram

Bram

I think the double accounts causes the problem. Not sure if that can be fixed though. will have a look

11. Well atleast at the moment it´s fixed for me :) .Can other ppl confirm?