• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Downloading help

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by maddawg1936, Jan 3, 2017.

1. maddawg1936

maddawg1936

Ratings:
    +4
    Every time I try to download a track it opens a website called Mega. What the hell is it??

2. Andrew

Andrew
    I'm not lazy, I'm just very relaxed. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,776
    Can you please give us the link to the Dl here at RD? Hotlinking to Mega isn't allowed here , so it would be helpfull, when we have that link, so we can get in contact with the uploader.

3. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,619
    Is this the same track? Some older files are hosted externally on Mega, but newer files aren't.

4. maddawg1936

maddawg1936

Ratings:
    +4
  5. maddawg1936

maddawg1936

Ratings:
    +4
    It's Nordschleife for rFactor2. Last updated Nov 28, 2013.
    Problem is that I downloaded Mega but I still was unable to download the track. I finally uninstalled it.

6. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +16,619
    You don't need to install or uninstall anything. Just click on the button download through your browser and it will download just like any other files ;)

7. maddawg1936

maddawg1936

Ratings:
    +4
    Wish it were that easy. Click on button/Mega page opens, given choice of downloading thru Mega or Browser/select Browser button/download begins using Mega/open completed download: Ring_Tourist_0.97n.rfcmp778.3 MB/error message: Unable to load. Unknown error.
    Try it.

8. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +16,619
    Seems to work fine here. Maybe ask the author in the modding support thread for help.

9. maddawg1936

maddawg1936

Ratings:
    +4
    Andrew said he would help with that. So far, nothing.

10. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +16,619
    It won't change anything as the error seems to be on your end (browser i think)

Try this: download and install Google Chrome and use it as your new default browser. Download the file through your browser and it 100% works, Just downloaded the file twice to be sure.

Make sure not to have addons running in your browser such as adblock.

Pretty sure this will solve it for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Andrew

Andrew
    I'm not lazy, I'm just very relaxed. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,776
    What he said +1

12. maddawg1936

maddawg1936

Ratings:
    +4
    Nope, different day, same ****. :) Uninstalled Adblock, tried download, it went to Mega. Tried it anyway downloading thru my browser (Google Chrome). Download successful. Try to open download and message: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.