1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Downloaded tracks don't appear - except Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Ernest Aubert, May 30, 2014.

1. I recently downloaded the Nordschleife and installed it according to the instructions. I see it in the set of available tracks. After that, I downloaded four more, and unzipped them to the same folder as I'd put the Nordschleife in, but they don't appear in the program. Can anyone shed any light on what I need to do for those other tracks?

2. Sometimes track developers have an extra directory with the same name
    below the top directory.
    e.g. track = x, when you unzip and the structure is x/x/ ai data skins ui ...
    and not x/ai data skins....
    so I unzip to a temp directory and then must move
    the lower x directory and its sub directories and contents into the ac tracks directory.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

If modders don't agree on delivering tracks and cars in a standardized way this is just going to become the same mess as rFactor 1 once was with every modder using their own folder structure which leaves a large group of gamers clueless how to install it.

Never understand that so much time is spend on creating a mod and the delivery (installation path and instructions) is done so poorly.

All tracks are located in this folder: X:\.......\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks

Then why not just agree that all mods should be installed in the game root folder?

Deliver tracks in rar file which contains the following folders: assettocorsa/content/tracks/trackfolderX dump it in /assettocorsa/ overwrite when prompted and voila.

Don't spend 1000 hours on a mod, deliver it in a 7z file (that most people can't open without errors) and have a folder called "My Mod" only containing a single folder called "My Track"

• Like Like x 1
  4. Common sense would dictate that all folders are placed in the '.......\content\tracks' folder,
    however......

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rick: That was it - thanks!