GT5 Downloaded patch v1.01 and game would not work

I got GT5 yesterday through the post (yes I know its early but I guess I'm just lucky). I played the game all yesterday and everything is great. Today I turn on my PS3 to play GT5 and I get the option to download the games 1st patch ver 1.01. I downloaded the patch and when I started the game back up it gives me the option to install the game onto the PS3's hard drive, this I assume was part of the patch as I did nort get the option to install the game onto the hard drive before the patch. I did the install (all 8gb of it). Now the game wont work, most of the time it wont go past the GT5 logo at the beginning and the furthest I got it to was the title screen where you can select what option you want to go in to but even then there was no cursor and it was completely locked down. I'm sure you can understand my frustrations here. I proceeded to uninstall the GT5 data from my PS3 and that includes the 1.01 patch to and now the game works fine again....
Has anyone else had this problem ???

OK it seems its not the patch that is the issue, the game tries to log into the GT5 servers which don't appear to be online at the moment. The game gives itself an incredibly long time to try and access these servers instead of just timing out and taking you into the game offline. Either sign out of the PS Network or disable your internet connection in the PS3's settings and you will be able to play offline. It has been reported by a EU representative and should hopefully be sorted out later. In the meantime you can still play offline.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%