Download TRM Sounds of Stockcar

Hi,

Anybody knows where to download TRM Sounds of Stockcar v2.0 mod?
I reinstalled GSC and unfortunately I don't have a copy of that mod. It
looks like the TRM webpage has also been updated and can't find the
download page.

Thanks!

Ok, so the new 2012 update changed all the car sounds in the game. I miss the old 2011 sounds. The new GSC2012 stock car sounds are nice, but the old sounds growled more and rev'd much higher and sounded more real (in my opinion). I am trying to figure out how to replace the new sounds with the old sounds, but it's not working out so well since the new sounds are used differently and also because there are more sounds being used now. I am going to keep trying to figure out if it's possible to replace the sounds with the old ones, but I figured I would come here first to see if maybe there might already be new sound pack available someplace that I wasn't aware of - and if not - I wanted to hint to the TRM soundpack creators to make a new soundpack for GSC2012 that uses the old sounds from 2011.

I managed to replace the new sounds with the old sounds. For anybody else that would like to do the same, here's how to do it...

(Always backup your files in case you want to revert your changes)

Go into your old folder
GSC\GameData\Vehicles\StockV8
and copy the "StockV8.sfx" file

Then paste it into
GSC2012\GameData\Vehicles\StockV8

Then go into your old folder
GSC\GameData\Sounds\StockCarV8\StockCarBrasil
and copy all of the sound files

Then paste them into
GSC2012\GameData\Sounds\StockCarV8\StockCarBrasil

Done. You can now play the game using the old sounds.

You will also then be able to install the TRM sounds if you wish to.

I got it working, but I had to leave the INT folder in the Sound folder. For some reason if I removed it I had no sounds at all. Another problem I ran into was that I could not hear the other car engines. For some reason I was able to hear the other cars change gear (shift up/down) and I could also hear their engines when they start to give it gas, but after about 50% power their engines would go silent. I am still trying to get this working correctly.

I got it working, but I had to leave the INT folder in the Sound folder. For some reason if I removed it I had no sounds at all. Another problem I ran into was that I could not hear the other car engines. For some reason I was able to hear the other cars change gear (shift up/down) and I could also hear their engines when they start to give it gas, but after about 50% power their engines would go silent. I am still trying to get this working correctly.

To solve this problem we need the sfx file, but it's hidden...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 103 13.9%