[Download] Steering Ratio Calculator v1.1

NOTE: This is an update/follow up to the original thread here which is locked and the download link is dead. Mods, please redirect users from the old thread to here.

I made an Excel program that calculates the appropriate steering lock for various steering ratios, and steering rotations for the Race07 game series. Works with any wheel and any ratio you want.

All you need to enter is the steering wheel rotation you want to use (real wheel), and the program calculates the Steering Lock value that you need to adjust in-game to get the steering ratio you're after.
The steering ratios cover everything from F1 cars to road cars.

There is also a sample of FFB settings for the Logitech G25/G27 included in the file (2nd sheet).

Please PM me if you need help with the program, or can't figure out how to use it.

v1.1
- Cosmetics changes
- Added tool tips
- Program functions are the same as v1.0

v1.0
- Initial release

Download:
=========
Mirror 1 (go to the bottom of the page and click "Get Link")
Mirror 2
Office 97-2003 file here.

If there is any problems with the links please PM me
Thanks to Ian Mills for letting me know the old link was dead.

Attachments

• Steering Ratio Calculator v1.1.xlsx
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,079
the actual rotation value (how many turn per lock) depends on your steering ratio. If you have a lower/faster ratio, then obviously your rotation value or the number of turn to lock will be lower. Higher/slower ratio means you have a higher rotation lock-to-lock. A car with a 8.1 turn less to lock than a 15.1 ratio

The correct rotation value = your steering lock value / your car steering angle x 360 = your true rotation. Why put 900 degree?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%