1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Download GTR Evolution or buy the DVD?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Abdul Al-Amry, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Download or DVD? Which one you prefer guys?

Personally I always go for DVD.

2. Download. I can download at 2.6mb/s so if I lost the files its still quicker to download than using a disk.

3. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Having the disk with me just feels like every penny spent was worth it. lol. Only time I read the manual is when I take a bog :). And that only comes with the disk. :becky:

4. LOL
    Unsure yet, 10mb/s download so steam is viable, but as I'll be working on release so I might as well have it ordered from Play.

5. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I simply go to the shop and buy the DVD

6. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I usually prefer to have the DVD, but if there is an upgrade option for Race 07 then I might just download it.

7. i must buy DVD is must:becky:

8. Ill download it, 1.5mb/s shouldn't take too long :p

9. I would download it like I did with RACE07, but I noticed steam are not always the cheapest and the quickest at getting games onto steam.

So it will be out on DVD before steam eventually gets it i think.

10. vio

vio

any idea when GTR Evolution will be available through Steam?

11. i'll download it like i did for race07

12. Not too much word on it from Atari, but should be very soon i think.

13. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Boxed! Always

14. I think i'll download game from steam, if the price is ok.

It's very good addon for race07. Just played offline version a little...:amen:

15. When you download a game via steam, can you burn the install on a dvd? (To avoid re-downloading it in case of reinstalment)

16. You can, I've done it with all the games I've got via Steam, and restored them from the disk too.

17. Dennis May

Dennis May
    Premium Member

i bought the dvd, because it will be released on steam in far future :)

18. My brain says STEAM (No disc, no serial numbers, steam community features etc)

My heart says DVD (Err... mmm, a manual/leaflet and is 2 days before the STEAM release)

I still pre-ordered the DVD though :(

Wish

19. I need to buy DVD is must,

20. Price and availability dependant ... it is nice to have a shiny new boxed DVD, but as it seems to be a bit of a "technological black hole" down here here in the far SW corner of Europe, I will probably just get it off Steam ... got a 24Mbit DSL line at least, so won´t take too long.