Download: Cockpit FOV 30

glight ,C-TALL is the best for my setup ,but what i think would be the best is ( C-TALL --FOV30 ) if i could have this id be very happy:) i can still enjoy the FOV views you have done allready so thanks.

ps ,it great the way you gave us a choice of what we would like.

Sorry I missed this!

If you want version C TALL at FOV30 that is the same position as the original game and v1.0 of this mod. I have fixed the Williams and Lotus for that download just now. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2eoc4quwhvoo1g8

Testing, testing and testing ;) every car, in each of your two FOV setups, is now absolutely perfect. This is truly great work mate, and highly appreciated. Thank you very much for taking your time to do this, these FOVs have given the game new life ( except maybe for the Red Bull with the stupid mirrors in the middle of everything )...can't wait to see what you come up with reg. the antennas :)

Guys, i have cam file, colected by some mods and also have antenas in it, moving head, leaning etc... If you want it i can share it to understand how antenas work... See in the "media" my resume of my races and will see the antenas, but not so good to say what exactly make it working...

After my recent upgrade I am forced to redo my cameras since they felt very wrong. I did a bit of reading on how to correctly set field of view and realized something: reducing FOV was really just a cheap way of getting the seating position correct.

After much (painful) tinkering I think I am close to a correct seating position and FOV (now set at 70)

Here's a (big) screenshot

and a test version for those interested (only for team lotus while I'm testing)

side note: anyone know how to turn off the driver's hands? Changing the "cloth" setting to off in the graphics settings doesn't do anything, neither does setting <Parameter name="DisableDriver" type="bool" value="true" /> in the cameras.xml

It's cool that you keep searching for perfection :) but imho you've already achieved that ( maybe except for the Red Bull, which is impossible, and the Williams, which is just...awkward )... I absolutely love the FOV25 you've made, and they suit my driving-style perfectly. Was hoping you'd figure the antenna-bit out though ;)
Anyway, you can get the hands to disappear by choosing no drivers, but then there's no drivers in any cars.. :confused:

look closer at that screenshot;)

Anyway, every user will have a different FOV (actual and preferred) depending on their screen size/setup so it would be impossible to create a cam that fits all tastes. I think the biggest difference between my current settings and the FOV25 is the sense of speed I get from it.

Here are my ideas for the next version:
- abandon short height (can see the steering wheel but not enough of the track)
- include average and medium height in the same file (just have an extra cam)
- include all FOV's (25 30 and 70) and all heights in the same file (no more separate versions)

you can get the hands to disappear by choosing no drivers, but then there's no drivers in any cars.. :confused:

I can't stand Heikki's hands getting in the way of my driving so I guess I'll have to deal with ghost drivers:D

After my recent upgrade I am forced to redo my cameras since they felt very wrong. I did a bit of reading on how to correctly set field of view and realized something: reducing FOV was really just a cheap way of getting the seating position correct.

After much (painful) tinkering I think I am close to a correct seating position and FOV (now set at 70)

Here's a (big) screenshot

and a test version for those interested (only for team lotus while I'm testing)

side note: anyone know how to turn off the driver's hands? Changing the "cloth" setting to off in the graphics settings doesn't do anything, neither does setting <Parameter name="DisableDriver" type="bool" value="true" /> in the cameras.xml

Hi glight .
This looks very nice and i sure a lot of users with 3 screens will use this , for me its a little to far away but still cool.
As Flips said you have done such a great work already with FOV 25 -30 ill find it hard to change :) .
I recently purchased Trackir 5 and the great thing for me is i can have any FOV i like , please keep up the great work .

I seen your own 3 screen setup recently and its looks very tasty .
cheers Narrow.

I looked and looked ;) and it seems to me, that with the new FOV-thing, we're too far back in the car (again)...
With the FOV 25 & 30, I get all that I could possibly need in this matter, the feeling of "being in the car" is second to none.
I mostly use FOV 30, and the only thing I could wish for, is the antenna-thing :)
BTW I do very much like the new FOV you've made, and have given it some track-time, but I'd have to admit, that I find the FOV 30 to be the most natural, and keep my hopes up, that you will eventually figure the antenna out...
Anyway, thanks again for your efforts, they're highly appreciated ( for those of us who has to wait a little to get Track-IR, Narrow you lucky b... ) :cool:

I looked and looked ;) and it seems to me, that with the new FOV-thing, we're too far back in the car (again)...
With the FOV 25 & 30, I get all that I could possibly need in this matter, the feeling of "being in the car" is second to none.
I mostly use FOV 30, and the only thing I could wish for, is the antenna-thing :)
BTW I do very much like the new FOV you've made, and have given it some track-time, but I'd have to admit, that I find the FOV 30 to be the most natural, and keep my hopes up, that you will eventually figure the antenna out...
Anyway, thanks again for your efforts, they're highly appreciated ( for those of us who has to wait a little to get Track-IR, Narrow you lucky b... ) :cool:
I meant look at the antenna :p

I have been paying attention to how my peripheral vision behaves while driving my own vehicle and I agree, the FOV70 is way off from how the human eye sees things. I will play around some more with the cams tonight (maybe 40 50 or 60 is better for my setup).

Now I think of it, there is no question to include speedometer hud or not:oops: . If I include it then the user can turn it off with game settings!

So I think I have a clear idea of features for the next version:
- antennas
- speedometer (as long as user can disable)
- FOV 25 OR FOV30
- FOV 50 (or higher depending on my taste, CM default is 48 I think)
- average and tall height positions for each FOV (total of 6 cockpit cams)

I will test to see how much difference there is between FOV25 and 30, maybe it is just forward/back seat position. If that is the case then maybe I will still include them just at the same FOV and different seating positions (though this is more work for me I think).

A side note on antennas. Enabling them causes issues with the racing line so if people want to use this driver aid then there will be problems.

An update: Tonight I did a quick run with antennas on all cars to check for problems. I found that the Force India and Sauber cars will have their mirrors disabled (turned into a grey rectangle) if I enable their antennas. So I will have to leave Force India and Sauber the way they are. Also, I've determined there is enough of a difference between FOV25 and 30 so I won't be messing with those.

Another example of CM bad coding :rolleyes: great work mate...So I guess this means you will make FOV25 and 30 with antennas + the one you like the most, is that correct ? (if it is, could you be pursuaded into looking at McLaren seat-height, the hands get in the way of apex, and there's still an issue with Williams tbh)...TIA, and again, this is very much appreciated :)

Updated to v2.5!

Since this update, all older versions are redundant so I removed their links (except for FOV25 short)

edit: forgot to mention, Mclaren cams have been raised slightly and Williams lowered slightly (Fleming's request)

Here is my latest cams I am using (alpha version for testing) http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j8zjblo660v8ltx

It is only for Team Lotus since I am driving for them in career mode (though it may work with other cars).
I added 2 more cams after FOV30:
- FOV 45 version (not 'fast' enough for me but others might like) screenshot
- FOV 50 version (my favorite, fast but not so that the mirrors are distorted) screenshot

(mods: can you please change the title of this thread to: "glight's cockpit cams" ? Thanks)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 212 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%