1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

"double bind" keys? i.e. sequential + paddle to Shift Up

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Alex Ball, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Hey guys,

I have a sequential shifter, and obviously my wheel has paddles. I'd like both to be mapped at the same time so I don't have to re-do it every time I change mod - is this possible?

Cheers,
    a

2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Nope, unfortunately - unless you can run 3rd party software that would map your paddle to your shifter - i.e. they both appear as the same button. I'm sure I've seen some about - but it wasn't designed for this purpose so it may not work brilliantly. Can't remember where I saw it though.

3. AFAIK you can't "double bind". I'm not an expert though...

However, you could make more than one Control Profile. I do that on both rFactor and Race 07 as they both have many different cars that use different gear-change-types (H-Pattern, Sequential Stick, Paddles). This means you can just switch your control profile. I own a G25, and I have many different Profiles:

For rFactor:
    G25 - H-Pattern & Paddles
    G25 - Sequential Stick
    G25 - WRC Configuration
    G25 - WRC H-Pattern
    G25 - Historic GT
    PS3 Controller
    Keyboard (for Testing)

For RACE 07:
    G25 Paddle Shift CUSTOM
    G25 Sequential Shift CUSTOM
    G25 H-Pattern CUSTOM

In both games it's pretty quick and easy to switch between the different configurations in the garage (just a few clicks).

Also, in rFactor, you don't need to re-do the whole controller profile. You just make any necessary changes to your existing controller profile, click "Save" and then save it under a different name :)

So, AFAIK, that is the easiest solution.

4. I'll give you another solution for that, there is a program called JoyToKey where you can map your paddles and shifter to the same key.
    It's a 3rd party software, I've used it for kers/drs system and it works pretty well, never had any problems.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Thanks guys

6. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

That's what I was thinking of :)

7. Only thing you can double map would be having the wheel setup with the paddle & h-shifter.