Don't Perez The Wrong Button

The only one who was too agressive was Button, when he sent Perez off the track after T3, which should have been penalized as you have always to leave a space to the other car. Perez was agressive but at least he didn't use dirty tricks with his team mate.

Kudos to McLaren for letting their drivers actually have a crack at eachother. Tbh I didn't think the "shunt" Sergio gave to JB looked too bad. It seemed like Jenson dished it out just as much as he took it, when he forced Perez off the track at T4.

Was a great battle.

Whether it be the tyres or fuel loads, much respect to McLaren for letting them race!

The only one who was too agressive was Button, when he sent Perez off the track after T3, which should have been penalized as you have always to leave a space to the other car. Perez was agressive but at least he didn't use dirty tricks with his team mate.

i get confused with the ruling on this. a few years back (see youtube) hamilton overtook massa and forced him out wide - off track. button did this to vettel too (both incidents at hockenheim).
however, when schumacher did this to barichello at hungary, he nearly knocked him into the pit wall. there were also incidents at bahrain last year (?) where people were forced onto the sand.

personally, i thought perez and button were both of the same aggression and button was irritated. he's been having it all his own way. perez showed his talent for the first time in many months.
having said that, still think hulkenburg would have been a more complete choice.

I'm pretty sure I heard in the 2011 season that that when Button squeezed Perez off the track it was okay because Button had the racing line?

Is that right?

i get confused with the ruling on this. a few years back (see youtube) hamilton overtook massa and forced him out wide - off track. button did this to vettel too (both incidents at hockenheim).
however, when schumacher did this to barichello at hungary, he nearly knocked him into the pit wall. there were also incidents at bahrain last year (?) where people were forced onto the sand.

personally, i thought perez and button were both of the same aggression and button was irritated. he's been having it all his own way. perez showed his talent for the first time in many months.
having said that, still think hulkenburg would have been a more complete choice.
The rules say a cars width space has to be left.

Schumacher left Barrichello a cars width.

I know this because Barrichello is still alive :D

They were both aggressive in this case. The racing was great and both of their moves could have turned out badly. Button could have mentioned that the racing was aggressive and leave it at that. It was his fault too. If you don't like Perez on your tail, speed up.

I think this battle shows pretty well why teams are using team orders or rather the "hold the position" order.
Don't get me wrong: It's nice to see those two battle hard, but as a team it's a nightmare. So I fully understand if those orders were given by the team. Especially when they start touching each other. In my opinion this battle went too far at that point considering it as a battle between team mates.
The battles between Lewis & Jenson were also quite hard but those two never touched if I'm correct (ignoring Montreal 2011 with zero visibility).
It's neither Button's nor Perez' fault. They both just went one step too far. I'm sure McLaren still won't use orders in those situations but I'mn also sure Martin will have a word with both drivers and make clear that that was over the edge.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back