Donington 2010 preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Brad Johnson

No doubt the tickets will be at rediculas prices now that it is a revamped circuit. And of course now that it is a "F1" circuit thats bound to knock the price up more than a few quid.

Also are they doing away with the Dunlop Bridge ?

• Rich Cookson

Lads Donington is a right good track, but the road network and congestion when it's busy and even when it's not busy - it's a bit of a nightmare getting there and back. But so was Silverstone but not as bad since they built the new access road.

Silverstone is a great track - I've spun a Lotus Elise in real life there, but Donington is a whole lot better for the spectators and more challenging for the drivers.

It's a win win situation for me and me car nutter mates.

part of the provisos attached to the planning application is to improve the road network and bypass the vilages. this was originally going to be done in partnership with a house building firm who where planning a new estate but the economic times put that in jeapordy. seems they must have come to some agreement but i dont know what yet.

Hi Guys.

The traffic IS a nightmare around Donington when there's a big event on - I queued from the M1 itself for nearly 2 hours for the Renault World Series a couple of years back. They're talking about making it "Park and Ride" only for the F1 race, and have even suggested closing East Midlands Airport for the day!

I'm happy to see F1 coming to my favourite (and local-ish) UK circuit, but it's a shame that the character of the circuit will be changed, for both driving and spectating. The chicane (Esses) was ok, but the big loss is Goddard's, which is fantastic for overtaking. One of the best things about spectating at Donington is that (for smaller events at least) you parked up on the hill in the infield and could sit in your car to watch the racing - very nice when it rains. I suppose you can't stand in the way of progress, and there's no way Mr Ecclestone would allow a Grand Prix at the current circuit these days.

Very much looking forward to the release of the new track for rFactor - find out if they're spoiling it, or spicing up an old favourite.

I would be happy having no seats and sitting on the grass and going to the toilet behind a tree if it means watching a great motorsports race, even if I had to wait in traffic for ages, I imagen that's what it use to be like back in the day when the facilities where very poor at most tracks.

• Brad Johnson

Lads Donington is a right good track, but the road network and congestion when it's busy and even when it's not busy - it's a bit of a nightmare getting there and back. But so was Silverstone but not as bad since they built the new access road.

Silverstone is a great track - I've spun a Lotus Elise in real life there, but Donington is a whole lot better for the spectators and more challenging for the drivers.

It's a win win situation for me and me car nutter mates.

Moto GP 2006 Donington Park, it took us 4 hours to get out of the car park. Was rediculas.

• Andrew Evans

Silverstone is a great track - I've spun a Lotus Elise in real life there

aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrf! me too!

on one of those drive a ferrari days... and the instructors words, as we began to spin, are forever burned in my mind: "BRAKE. HARD. NOW." :becky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%