1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Donations

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Dazmaniac, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Why when I clicked the PayPal donation button does it take me to a page in Spanish?

I use Google Chrome, so easily got it translated to English, but just curious.

;)

- EDIT -

Don't worry about this one, I've sussed it out.

When I went to donate for the RD cause, it uses Jose Estrada's paypal account to receive the funds, which is obviously Spanish based hence it defaulting to the Spanish language. A quick application of the Chrome translate did the trick.

:cool:

2. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Same here, although I use Internet Explorer on this PC:oops: . Final page automatically changed to Dutch tho?!?, which is what I'm used to see..:p .

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out really, but the sudden spanish page might scare off some folks?

3. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Bram, just out of curiosity, what are the different criteria for the different donator levels - Bronze, silver and gold?

EDIT: Never mind I found it :D

4. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I don't know how to do, I'm using paypal in english already but still the page is in Spanish?

5. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

Yeah, it still was in spanish today. Two points that I thought of when I donated:
    1 - It would be nice with a free-option so we can donate more than the specified ammounts.
    2 - I donated once on each one, starting from the top. Bellow my avatar only the two middle ones are listed. Maybe better if it showed the top one?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

For me its in english now

7. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

I have to wait another moth for the option of donating more from what I can see on my donation-page at the moment.

The language is no problem for me at paypal, since I have used it enough to know what buttons to click, but can see it might be a problem for others.

8. Bram

Bram

Tested it with Remco and the Paypal page is now correctly in english :) Thanks for the huge support btw Roy!

9. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

Always nice to pay back for the hours of enjoyment from a nice community :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

I tell you, even I got Spanish in school, but paypal in Spanish, wooooo.. :p

Donated 15€ btw. Hope it helps. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bram

Bram

Is it still in spanish for you Erik?

12. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Nope, it's on English now. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Is the donations amount required/received "number ray" gone or just somewhere I can't find it at the moment?

14. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Quick question, not that I need recognition or anything, but when does the 'Gold Donator' icon come up by my name?
    I donated last night.

15. Should show up below licensed member, see Bram's post above, or Roy's, wow :o
    Probably just needs to be processed, I assume it's done manually.

16. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

I know it always used to be, and I don't think there's any automation in the new board for that.

17. Bram

Bram

Xose ads them manually once per day I think. We lock him up in a little room with receipts and trow in some donation tags which he then sticks to the account that appears on his little monitor.

Should be done today I think :)

18. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I still don't have it :(
    It was done through my PayPal address (goalie33avs@aol.com) if that's any help?

19. Don't have mine yet either Chris, give the admins a bit of time, there is a lot going on with the new site where they are working on.

It will come for sure :)

20. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

That's why they forgot about the donations ray;)

@Chris Don't worry, mine's missing too, so I believe it's not an technical issue. I hope it is because many people donate this months due to extra/double costs (like I/we did maybe)